Looking for scenarios (a 1492, a Pacific War and World War III in the 1940s)

Konig15

Warlord
OK, For my enjoyment, I have mined the scenarios as best I could, so I will ask if any lie them exist.

I'm wondering if Colonies I is the oly exploring the Americas mod that starts in 1492. It's a good date for a start that I want to see if anyone else did anything with it.

I'm looking for a very specific Japan mod I had decades ago, and might not exist. It's not East Wind Rain, it's a scenario with no custom units or custom graphics of any kind, where you play Japan in 1937and it's a total sandbox. I remember really liking the map and city placement. And if you had ungodly money you could build a spy and get the entire Armor contingent of the Soviet Far East Front to defect to Japan. It's GLORIOUS

I'm also wondering if there's a scenario where you can play the Allies and fight the Soviet Union between May 1945 and the end of 1953? Preferably I'd love a scenario where the Allies fight the Soviets even before Japan surrenders.

But I can't find any World War III scenarios other than Soviet Steel. If you have played it, can you tell me what it's like? ANd are hey any others?

And while I'm are there any 32,000 size maps of Asia like there is for Europe?

I'm wondering if Colonies I is the only exploring the Americas mod that starts in 1492. It's a good date for a start that I want to see if anyone else did anything with it.
I'm not sure how narrowly you mean "exploring the Americas", or how strict you are with exactly 1492 as the starting point. I think there are several scenarios from this era that include exploration of the Americas, alongside developments in Europe or the rest of the world. Have you looked at all of the scenarios on the following two pages? There is some overlap but also some entries that are only on one and not the other. I see quite a few that would at least fall in your timeframe, but I'm not sure if you already considered them or if they're outside the scope of what you want:
https://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/downloads/scenarios/renaissance/
http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=Category:Age_of_Discovery

I also have an old downloaded scenario called "1492" that I can't seem to find online anywhere... no idea where I found it, or how good it is, but I'll attach it here.

I'm looking for a very specific Japan mod I had decades ago, and might not exist. It's not East Wind Rain, it's a scenario with no custom units or custom graphics of any kind, where you play Japan in 1937and it's a total sandbox. I remember really liking the map and city placement. And if you had ungodly money you could build a spy and get the entire Armor contingent of the Soviet Far East Front to defect to Japan. It's GLORIOUS
Is there any chance you mean Kyokujitsu? Probably not since it has lots of custom graphics, but I don't have any other candidates to offer...

I'm also wondering if there's a scenario where you can play the Allies and fight the Soviet Union between May 1945 and the end of 1953? Preferably I'd love a scenario where the Allies fight the Soviets even before Japan surrenders.

But I can't find any World War III scenarios other than Soviet Steel. If you have played it, can you tell me what it's like? ANd are hey any others?

And while I'm are there any 32,000 size maps of Asia like there is for Europe?
I try to collect scenarios from pre-1900 and have quite a few of those, but I'm not the expert here (by any means!) on scenarios covering WWII or thereafter. Perhaps someone else has suggestions to offer in this regard. I don't know about the Asia map either, sorry.

Attachments

• 1492b.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I'm not sure how narrowly you mean "exploring the Americas", or how strict you are with exactly 1492 as the starting point. I think there are several scenarios from this era that include exploration of the Americas, alongside developments in Europe or the rest of the world. Have you looked at all of the scenarios on the following two pages? There is some overlap but also some entries that are only on one and not the other. I see quite a few that would at least fall in your timeframe, but I'm not sure if you already considered them or if they're outside the scope of what you want:
https://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/downloads/scenarios/renaissance/
http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=Category:Age_of_Discovery

I also have an old downloaded scenario called "1492" that I can't seem to find online anywhere... no idea where I found it, or how good it is, but I'll attach it here.

Is there any chance you mean Kyokujitsu? Probably not since it has lots of custom graphics, but I don't have any other candidates to offer...

I try to collect scenarios from pre-1900 and have quite a few of those, but I'm not the expert here (by any means!) on scenarios covering WWII or thereafter. Perhaps someone else has suggestions to offer in this regard. I don't know about the Asia map either, sorry.

Yeah, thank you, I'm running a turn of Fortress Europe, which is VERY long, but I'll check out the 1492 scenario in a couple of minutes. EDIT: Naw, I was hoping for something closer to a Colonies I in premise but a more modern crack at it. More events to force the European AI to take an interest in the Americas. Although this disinterest did allow myself as the French crown to engage is LOTS of trade with the Indian factions. It's not in the spirit of colonization as we think of it, but eager European traders showing up in 1496, wanting to see what trade goods are available and generally being cooperative rather than conquesting with the locals? France certainly did that IRL, albeit starting in the very late 1500s. But why they didn't do this from the beginning is a burning question for me now, and exploring this possibility of French traders and explorers and missions running a first contact more out of Star Trek than what the Spanish did. At least at first. How much could be documented of the people before the plagues start to wipe them out in earnest? Surviving records of the Mississippian civilization before it disappeared completely, first-hand accounts of the Amazon cities anymore that don't exist but we just found using Satellites and Google maps.

So a starting point in 1942 or earlier, as in hiring out Columbus in 1485 from under a very frustrated Columbus at the Portuguese court, would be amazing. Also if there was a plague flag or counter where the more contact you have with the natives,. the more likely you're to set off the plagues that killed up to 90% of the Amerindians, and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Kyyokujitsu thing is not what I'm talking about. This scenario was Fantastic Worlds, if not the Conlfcits era. But the map was very interesting. This new one looks very interesting, but part of my blood boils when I release the arms service is only me co-belligerent....but hey....that happened in real life! LOL. Also very angry, but then LOL again .

So what's you're favorite era of scenarios? You said pre-1900s, but that's a LONG time. My favorite scenario of all time is Fading Lights, followed by one of the Alexios I scenarios, the one where you start in 1071 and the map goes all the way to France. Colonies IVI have a love-hate relationship; it's within the context of MGE, a perfect scenario, it's a masterpiece in any context......but damn I felt dirty participating in the slave trade an I very damn well know why they did it historically. The money from plantations, especially in the form of trade unto homed in the Carribean with a city with lots of active plantations? 1600---2400 gold per trader. I Man, I can never augh as fully at Krusty when he breaks down in Camp Krusty and tells Bart they pulled a dump truck full of money up to his house, and that he's not made of stone. Cause,.....I kinda failed that test too

Not strictly before 1900, but just at, have you ever played Le Belle Epoch? Best peacetime game I've ever had in Civilisation. The first time in this game I didn't want to go to way, not just because of the context of what post-WWI was like, but because I was making money hand over fist!

Checking out Kyyokujitsu, I found a Deleteevent that works with Windows 10, so I'm trying to jury rig Fortress Europe into something that can accommodate this. I was thinking of a flashpoint where the Allies, make a point to support the Polish Home Army, which I've switched to being Allied instead of Soviet because....the Home Army wasn't Soviet allied. All you gotta do is move the massive tank spawn jon the road just west of Warsaw and you have a perfect storm of an annoyed Red Army still barreling west AND a very nervous Free Poland in a sea of t-34s.

But I've looked up and down in every scenario category on Civ fanatics, Scenario League wiki, every still functioning link I can find that might have Civ 2 scenarios.

I'm wondering if Colonies I is the oly exploring the Americas mod that starts in 1492. It's a good date for a start that I want to see if anyone else did anything with it.

There's actually quite a lot of scenarios set around 1492 Colonization era. I've been cataloging a whole bunch of them in the Sid Meier's Colonization theme section of my Civ2 scenario search thread here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...o-doom-b5-strek-swars-sgate-homm-more.657278/

I've since found a few more I haven't added to that list yet including a couple actually called 1492 (I'll go into more detail below). I'll post here once I've got them online!

Yeah it's documentation doesn't help much but I know exactly where you got it from mate. :) You appear to have the first release of Jeleen's 1492 scenarios he posted on CFC here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/jeelens-civ2-scenarios.296670/page-9#post-9053984

As you probably saw I recently rescued a whole bunch of his dead downloads from Thunderfalls backups and I can see I have a updated 1.1 version of his 1492 scenarios which he posts about here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/jeelens-civ2-scenarios.296670/page-10#post-9059115

I'll get the updated version tested, properly documented, and upload to CFC soon.

On top of all that I also recently tested another scenario called 1492 from the French Civ2 community. It was hosted on Eyn's site. I'll get that uploaded soon too! :)

Last edited:
Done!

I've added Jeelen's 1492 scenarios and Eyn's 1492 Conquest scenario to the preservation collection meaning they're now in the CivFanatics Downloads Area and several other websites ensuring they shouldn't get lost again. Looks like you actually had the 1.1 re-release of Jeelen's 1492 after all Knighttime as it matches his reupload backup I got from Thunderfall. Also found the full title of Eyn's scenario in his documentation so was able to differentiate it from other 1492 scenarios.

1492 Scenarios v1.1 by J.L. Nijholt (MGE)
CivFanatics Downloads Area

The Conquest of the New World 1492-1591 Scenario by Eyn (CiC)
CivFanatics Downloads Area

Top Bottom