Looking for the right file..

Jakethedane

Chieftain
I was wondering if anyone was experienced enough to layout where most of the changeable variables for vox would be located in the mod folders. Granted most of my changes are specific to the kind of environment I wanna make.

The thing I’m most interested in is If someone knows how to disable the World Congress, or delay it forever. I would prefer this option.. if not:

The most annoying part of this game so far in multiplayer are the ai constantly trying to sanction human players. There are only 2 types of proposals I ever see, and they are world religion and sanction “whoever is doing best”

I’m even ok with city state sanctioning (although I would remove that of course too)

I’m at the point now where the Congress is just an inconvenience instead of something I enjoy voting in and or trying to get my own things passed. It’s always just trying to block the world religions and sanctions.

So is there a file I can remove the option to vote for these particular proposals? Or can anyone think of something creative to workaround the problem without making big changes?

you can look in
....Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5 GameOptions_Expansion.xml
change
<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_LEAGUES</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_LEAGUES</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_LEAGUES_HELP</Help>
<Visible>0</Visible>

visible to 1, so you can have disable World Congress option when start new game

I don't know if is there any conflict with vox populi, but you can try that!

you can look in
....Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5 GameOptions_Expansion.xml
change
<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_LEAGUES</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_LEAGUES</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_LEAGUES_HELP</Help>
<Visible>0</Visible>

visible to 1, so you can have disable World Congress option when start new game

I don't know if is there any conflict with vox populi, but you can try that!
After changing the 0 to 1 I didnt see any option changes or anything new become visible for change.
I thought there used to be an option to disable at the start a long time ago, now I see it was for sure.
I wonder what the reason for it not working is or if there is a newer file in CBP folder somewhere i should be changing instead

Thanks alot for your help by the way, it seems like im asking for really simple info but nobody has been able to help.

There is even a mod in the steam workshop that used to disable the congress if you didnt want it, but its outdated and no longer works.

I downloaded Vox, tried a game, turned off the mod, but I still get the Vox interface in my standard game. What do?

Nevermind, had to move the UI_bc1 file.

Last edited:
Top Bottom