Looks like you've made lots of progress

Milesthewarrior

Chieftain
Looks like you've made lots of progress.
But what did want to talk to me about T_F?

What do you mean? I was just talking about having you guys combine with our project, so that you don't end up going over all the ground we've already covered.

Ok that's a good Idea...
We haven't really done anything yet.
But what happened?
Did you lose an important member of your team?

Well, Berenthor is MIA and I'm still swamped with work (the end is in sight though), and that's it as far as coders go. Without coders to show something every now and then, it is hard to keep people interested.

Pretty much all the coding still needs to be done (AFAIK), and I think we have a few unfinished discussions lying around.

I mean about coding.
But I'll try to help the best I can!

Pretty much all I'm good for is throwing ideas around, so you're not alone ^_^
Thanks BTW!

Hey everyone, just had a moment to go over the forums again, sorry for being MIA for a while. I've been pretty swamped with work. I did see that there is a mod at the FFH forums already working on LotR (Rise of Middle Earth or something). Haven't had the chance to really check it out. I still don't have a lot of time to do a lot of stuff, maybe a good idea would be to leave all the coding and start immediatly with picking a base (like maybe WildMana with the new AI, although FFH apparently has it now as well) and just starting increments of only xml and leave the actual coding for later. This might be easier to work in and if someone has no time it is less of a showstopper.
Just my 2-cents. I hope to have some more time to check the forums a little more often.

Just to let people know: actual coding has begun (using FFH as base) and xml will be started on soon. No indication on when there'll be an actual download, but I can promise that there will be one eventually.

wow, that's good to know. Though you should have used Wildmana as a base, now you miss out on a lot of fun :p). Well, to get startet FFH Base is probably easier, I still need to write a Modding Guide for Wildmana. If you need any help just ask in the FFH modding thread. Best of luck :)

I've been thinking about using Wildmana, but in the end decided that FFH would indeed be easier and WildMana has a lot of stuff that we likely won't be using.

I like playing Wildmana a lot though :goodjob:

Did you think about using Denevs FFHBUG mod? It has the features from BUG as well as some really cool improvements made by Denev.

Yeah, I've thought about it. Haven't merged it in yet, as I'm not completely sure I should. Personally I prefer to play with it on, but lots of people prefer not to. In the end I'm probably going to merge it in, but turn it off by default. It's only python IIRC (as BUG itself), so I should be able to do it while others (or myself) work on the xml.

edit: I'm also kinda hoping that if I delay it a bit, they can get the PLE stuff worked out. It looks like EmperorFool and Ruff_hi will be able to speed up the unit plot list, which should keep the game more playable on older computers in the endgame.

edit2: Hmm, looks like he included BULL, that'd mean dll changes as well... not too sure I'd like that.

you can always disable the PLE easily ;) The really good things aren't in python though, but in the DLL (actual effects from BULLAI and civilopedia improvements from Denev) and you don't need all the python from BUG. The thing about BUG is that if you want to merge it, you should do it early in the Development because it is really a pain to merge as it modifies tons of files.

Depending on how big you plan the project you might want to use the version of the WoC true modular system that is in wildmana. Makes modmodding a lot more friendly (don't know how many modules exist for RoM, but looks like it is a lot)

Yeah, I noticed. I'll ask Denev whether he wants/is able to put the source files online (couldn't seem to find them). Otherwise I'm going to have to look at BULL myself.

About the true modular system: I haven't looked into it to be honest, so I don't know how much work it will be to add in.

Top Bottom