Lord of Change (September 30, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello!

Here's a greater daemon of Tzeentch: the Lord of Change. Enjoy :)

To face a Lord of Change in battle is to stand against a master of fate itself. It unravels and deciphers what will come to pass, and uses the knowledge to confound its enemies' plans. The ultimate master of the medium of the Warp, the Lord of Change is second only to Tzeentch itself in mystic power. Its appearance reflects its capricious nature; the Lord of Change is a bizarre creature of multi-hued skin, massive feathered pinions and a bird-like face with eyes that shine with the ruinous light of the very depths of the Warp.

Here's the download link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2898&act=down

Here's the civilopedia preview:

Here are animation previews:

And here is a preview of alternative run animation (fly - this preview is clipped a bit, the wing goes out of the frame - but only in this preview):

That is absolutely incredible, even by your standards. Amazing work. I especially like the texture of his skin.

You ought to have waited a day so you could enter this in the next unit-making competition! Perhaps Flamand will stretch the rules slightly... or does this mean you've got something even more impressive up your sleeve?

Very nice. I think I had the Lord of Change in Epic.

varwnos said:
Will you ever make a deep-one, or even Cthulhu himself? :)
That would be outrageously mind-bogglingly awesome. :drool:

You've done a lot of good units lately (as always), but I've missed your inspired works, such as the flying fortress or the Balrong. Good to see you back with something like this. Perfect!

Oh, and this is going to win with ease whichever completion it's entered.

Plotinus said:
That is absolutely incredible, even by your standards. Amazing work. I especially like the texture of his skin.

You ought to have waited a day so you could enter this in the next unit-making competition! Perhaps Flamand will stretch the rules slightly... or does this mean you've got something even more impressive up your sleeve?

Thanks, but I don't think that it's so very very amazing. It's just big.

And when it comes to the competition... I don't really do these units for the competition... ;)

Yorgos said:
You've done a lot of good units lately (as always), but I've missed your inspired works, such as the flying fortress or the Balrong. Good to see you back with something like this. Perfect!
Do you mean Balrog? I think It was made by Kinboat... :)

Bjornlo said:
I noticed that you changed the gold to teal from the icon to the unit. Is teal the civ color?
Teal? I don't know what that is. Well, the cyan is civ colour... which is changed to dark yellowish/gold in the pedia pic.

Oups! :)

Love the death; think the alternate fly is the better of the two run animations.

:clap: Definitely one of your best. Beautiful unit.:) As Plotinus said, it'd be great to enter into the competition.

This would be an excellent Garuda for the FF mod (either as a summoned creature for the game that had Garuda as a summon, or as the advanced "barbarian" unit in the mod).

Now you need to make some lesser Daemons. Daemonettessss Siiiiiiixxxxx Booooobbbiiiiieeeesssssss.

No I think Plotinus is right, this is nutz! The wings, the FLYING wings, crazy spiral-fire attack...

How's your render time with those wings? I imagine you used a while-loop thingy to make repeating feathers, though it's, again, nutz that you have 3 different feather colors in there.

Anywho, suffice to say, or, sign, or, whatever:
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

aaglo said:
And when it comes to the competition... I don't really do these units for the competition... ;)

:mischief:

Plus the snotling pump wagon you're submitting next month will wipe the floor with the competition anyhow!

:mwaha:

(sorry :()

Orthanc said:
No I think Plotinus is right, this is nutz! The wings, the FLYING wings, crazy spiral-fire attack...

How's your render time with those wings? I imagine you used a while-loop thingy to make repeating feathers, though it's, again, nutz that you have 3 different feather colors in there.

The feathers consist of three individual pieces, which move as a single big feather. And the wing movement is pretty much the same as it was with the carrion (and harpy).
The render time's weren't that bad: with the attack animation (additional lighting and lots of transparencies - both slow down the rendering) maximum times were about 1 minute per direction.

Top Bottom