Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Good

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Fair

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
Hm, i played it twice and both times the undead were spawned.

Edit: Maybe you finished the game before it was time for them...

well, possibly...

Anyways, two new bugs to report while playing with the elves:

1) I could build RAILROADS with my workers. Not very LotR-like :crazyeye:

2) I couldn't attack the guardian, but I could bombard him. In the first game i killed him by bombarding him twice. In the second, i bombarded him twice, and he had 1 HP left, and afterwards I could neither attack nor bombard him with any unit from any distance. I don't know whether he is or he is not supposed be killed, but in both cases it's a Bug.

3) The Civilopedia for Gandalf says to kill Balrog to upgrade him. The right comment would be "you need Mithrill to upgrade him" (with possibly a Hint like "legend says the only place in Middle Earth where Mithrill can be found is Moria").

4) T-V's comment above.

5) Mordor troops started killing those stationary trolls, orcs and wolves west and south of Elven Halls, south of Rivendell and in some other Places. A Nazgul even got killed by two wolves which were then killed by a Olog Hai which was then killed by some orcs... not that i'm complaining :D but it's quite weird...

6) I had Legolas, Boromir, Gimli and Gandalf, but neither Aragorn nor a Hobbit. :confused:

oh yeah, i forgot to say that it's practically impossible to play the game with any race other than gondor, mordor and Isengrad. Nonetheless, Isengrad is boring to play because its very passive until the first Uruk Hai army comes, and Mordor is too easy. Gondor on the other hand, is a little bit too hard. Multiplayer is only playable if players take gondor, elves, rangers(or dwarves) and one player takes Isengrad. That would be the only playable version.

Anyway, if you don't have frodo (or you aren't on the other side) you're practically lost.

hey, great mod thanks a lot. 2 things, on mine in multiplayer(maybe single too), the rally points and auto bombard don't work. Any reasons? ty

Also, there were no orc spearmen spawned, and the cave troll has a A/D of 7/2 but the Civilopedia says 5/5?
The undead spawn on turn 48 geo.

It looks great. Just one problem, when I finish downloading it, I try to open it and it say invalid or corrupted or something like that file. CANNOT OPEN. >_< so sad. Please help me.......:cry:

you just need the unpacker file, saw you can get it in the other LOTR mod.

Good to see this is getting some attention again, imho it's one of the best out there. There is no multiplayer version unfortunately. It's not that hard but you either have to give harad to Mordor or get rid of the Dwarves or something.

Good to see this is getting some attention again, imho it's one of the best out there. There is no multiplayer version unfortunately. It's not that hard but you either have to give harad to Mordor or get rid of the Dwarves or something.

Hmm, i'm quite sure there is a biq for multiplayer in the download. Maybe that is why he is talking so much about multiplayer in the first post? :lol:

Your right. But I didn't like it as one of us wanted to be Rohan and the other Gondor so I had to make a new one. It was a long time ago so I'd quite forgotten the other biq. ;)

Edit: double post... working on too many things at once.=)

This is a thoroughly well designed and researched mod and is extremely fun to play but it has limited replay value. The main reason for this is due to limitations of the AI and I could see how some of the design decisions were made with this in mind.
The single player scenario is easily won once the system is figured out. And the multiplayer scenario is actually designed for single player use but to allow you to use alternate Civs.

So I have taken the liberty of designing a true multiplayer game which should be played by at least two players. The mod should be installed in the scenarios folder and the attached biq used.

This is a list of changes which I have implemented and it is designed to make the scenario more faithfull to the book and allows both player multiple strategic decisions. It also transfers a lot of the action back to the shire as all nine Nazgul are poised to descend upon it and hence the reason why i have added Glorfindel,Fatty Bolger and the ships of Numenor. Some character have been moved so that they will arrive in the timeline consistent with the books:

Change victory conditons from regicide to mass regicide.
Get rid of all workers except Isengard, Barad-dur and Minas Tirith.
Stop worker railroad building.
Remove dwarf cave troll and replaced it with dwarf horseman.
Made all techs non-tradable.
added Thain unit to Hobbiton.
moved Faramir from Minas Tirith to Osgiliath.
Transferred ownership of fellowship to the Race of Men.
made the Dwarves, Men of the North and Hobbits skip their first turn.
Moved Gimli, Legolas, Boromir to location X91/Y37.
Added Elven unit Glorfindel to X85,Y31.
Moved Gandalf the Gray to X64/Y46
Change Gondor tower guard from 6/5/1 to 5/6/1.
Added Temple of Melkor in Central Mirkwood and Dol Guldur.
Removed all Nazgul from starting locations
Placed four veteran Nazgul in X72,Y50.
Added four veteran and one elite Nazgul to X78,Y50.
Gave Elrond same bombardment capabilities as Saruman.
Gave Saruman the detect invisible ability
Added a Ships of Numenor unit to X59,Y35.
Added a unit Fatty Bolger to X67,Y37.
Reduced Hobbiton, Bree, Annuminas Ruins, Borderlands and Rhudaur culture to 100 each.

Attachments

• Lord of Middle Earth True Mulitiplayer.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 202
This looks amazing

I am gonna try to download it again

This would be my fourth time

I won't give up

It looks too good

Great Job

A question:
I have civ3 conquest v1.22 and i have installed the mod over the link in this thread
BUT the only thing i can do is to uninstall the mod
Have i overseen something or have i done something wrong?
can someone could help me

once you have installed the mod you have to open up Conquests and select either "civ-content" or "Conquests!", it should be under one of those two.

The auto install file path also refers to the Civ III Complete version which is completely different from that of the install from three separate disks of the original release. Just change the filepath manually to wherever you have the game currently installed.

this is the BEST mod Ive played

I cant help but notice that you used the "Heavy Calvary" from Age of Empires 2 Conquerors for the Gondorian calvary.

Can you really get units from AOE? wow.

Also, I should point out that the Stationary trebuchete is also aoe.

Its really interesting. Its a good idea too.

I love the mod! I survived 19 weeks and had to abandon only one city. The dragons were a bit tough. We could do without them.

Too bad we can only make rohan horsemen in the rohan cities. They are the only regular soldiers that can beat the dragons.

This game is really hard.
There should be options for easier games.
I really want to play as Mordor. Can you make it so we can play civ other than gondor?

Its still really exciting.
I gathered 5 gondor calv and 3 rohanians to make my first attack against Mordor. Wish me luck!

mountedantman, you will find you can play as other civs if you play the Multiplayer version that comes with the mod (should me the same name with like an MP in it or something) but because multiplayer only allows 8 civs one will be taken away (I think Harad was added to Mordor).

I do not remember having such a hard time with dragons, are you perhaps referring to the ringwraiths?

Although I agree that perhaps some things should be toned down I believe hard is the way it is meant to be, in fact, it should near impossible. :D

There are several AOE conversions present in the mod, they were the best available at the time of the mods release.

I agree that it is a fine mod. Have fun. :)

this is the BEST mod Ive played

I cant help but notice that you used the "Heavy Calvary" from Age of Empires 2 Conquerors for the Gondorian calvary.

Can you really get units from AOE? wow.

Also, I should point out that the Stationary trebuchete is also aoe.

Its really interesting. Its a good idea too.

I love the mod! I survived 19 weeks and had to abandon only one city. The dragons were a bit tough. We could do without them.

Too bad we can only make rohan horsemen in the rohan cities. They are the only regular soldiers that can beat the dragons.

This game is really hard.
There should be options for easier games.
I really want to play as Mordor. Can you make it so we can play civ other than gondor?

Its still really exciting.
I gathered 5 gondor calv and 3 rohanians to make my first attack against Mordor. Wish me luck!

Your attack is going to fail miserably if you think 8 units can fight a civilization.

It is probable it will not do a whole lot but he did not mention the rest of the circumstances and he did say it was his first. Are you familiar with the mod by any chance?

Top Bottom