Low on memory in win7

jklaidlaw

Chieftain
hi every time i play Civ5 in win7 after i have saved the game i get a window displaying the following " your comp is low in memory - save the game and close the program".
i am running a dual boot sys (32 bit) with vista and win7. my HD is partitioned into 2x222gb drives and win7 drive has 163gb free. i have 3gbs of ram and i use a pen drive to ready boost sys.
can anyone help me to stop this warning window
yous aye
jklaidlaw

Not sure exactly but the problem maybe be either a memory leak from the game and/or you don't have enough RAM (which is memory, your hard drive isn't memory),

He has 3 Gig of memory.

hi every time i play Civ5 in win7 after i have saved the game i get a window displaying the following " your comp is low in memory - save the game and close the program".
i am running a dual boot sys (32 bit) with vista and win7. my HD is partitioned into 2x222gb drives and win7 drive has 163gb free. i have 3gbs of ram and i use a pen drive to ready boost sys.
can anyone help me to stop this warning window
yous aye
jklaidlaw

What does the pen drive do? If it is part of your booting process, that may be the problem. A pen drive should be used for file storage, not for running the OS. Have you let steam patch the game? The patch was supposed to fix some issues with saved games.

hi PrinceScamp and timtofly
thanks for your replies. PrinceScamp you mentioned mem leak - is there any way to fix this problem?
yours aye
jklaidlaw

Unfortunately I don't know if that is even the problem. All I can think of at the moment is to try lowering your settings (such as the detail level of the leader screens) and trying DX9 instead of DX10/11. Also try smaller maps instead of large ones.

As well as making sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Top Bottom