1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[lua] Trying to return the continent name from a plot

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by __jack__, Oct 3, 2019.

1. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

Hi guys,

I tried to play aroudn with plot:GetContinentType() hoping to get a continent's name (in order to allocate luxuries from a particular continent).

I failed. Any idea on how to do that ?

2. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

Nevermind I found a way to easy solve this with GetContinentPlots()

3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Nearly all "GetSomething" methods return an integer ID # that associates to the ID # of a row within an XML game-table. So, Plot:GetContinentType() is going to return the integer ID # for the plot's continent which tracks back to table "Continents". To determine the In-Game Text name of the continent thus returned, do so
    Code:
    local iContinentType = Plot:GetContinentType()
    local sContinentName = Locale.Lookup(GameInfo.Continents[iContinentType].Description)
    You can then print the resulting Text value into the log, etc.

If you want to look at the actual "ContinentType" designation from table "Continents" such as "CONTINENT_AFRICA" then you can do as:
    Code:
    local iContinentType = Plot:GetContinentType()
    local sContinentType = GameInfo.Continents[iContinentType].ContinentType
    You would thus be translating the integer ID # returned from the Plot:GetContinentType() method into the text-string for the appropriate ContinentType as registered within game-table "Continents"

Game-table "Continents" can be found in file Maps.xml in folder
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data