Maccabee's World Map 1.1 220 x 220

!Interesting thought! Hmmmmm.........

I think my claim will be substantiated by others around here, if they do happen upon this thread. If they don't, you can always start a new thread on that in the main forum...

To my embarassment, I found that my previous claim that ver. 1.1 through 1.3 were edited to disallow city building on anything but plains and grassland, was in error. This latest version, 1.4, will fix that. City building will be allowed only on plains, grassland, and flood plains. It still has the starting locations. You can download it from the link below:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Maccabees_Undeveloped_World_1.4.zip

Mithadan, I think perhaps you are right about the AI changing terrain outside its city radii. I played my map from start to 250 A.D., and didn't witness any civs clearing forest within my view. This will probably be useful for scenarios, but back to the drawing board for my original goal and premise. (Talking about things that make you go "hmmmmm.")

Maccabee said:
(Talking about things that make you go "hmmmmm.")
Yeah, no kidding. I downloaded v1.4, thanks.

Originally Posted by The Last Conformist
They won't chop down forests outside their cultural borders. I'm not sure whether they'll touch forests that are inside their borders but not within any of their city radii.

Thank you. Whether inside or out of their city radii, if the AI will not clear forests or jungle outside their cultural borders, then I think it is reasonable to assume that the AI will not or cannot modify terrain *in a significant way* as a means of building new cities.
In other words, I could limit the rate or even the extent of AI expansion, and thus of the number of total cities built in the course of the game, by limiting the number of buildable terrain squares on the map. To be more specific, I could design a huge map, and still keep the game under the 512 city limit, by editing the terrain rules to allow city building on, say, only plains, grassland, and flood plains, and then by limiting the number of such terrain squares in the game, theoretically.
Does anyone see any flaws in this line of reasoning? Am I overlooking anything? Thanks for any input.

Looks good to me, but I'm the guy who mods only a wee bit and then comes running to these forums crying because my game doesn't work! :lol:

I apologize for not responding to your post, but for anyone else accessing this thread, I downloaded, unzipped, and scanned all the files with Norton 360 and found no malware. If Q still visits this site, could you please specify what software detected a Trojan in my files? Some software can give a false positive.
Thanks.:scan::scan::scan::scan:

Your files are not even available.... dead links

I was able to find the version 1.4 map in the Downloads area here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3410, and that appears to be the most recent version. I scanned it with Kaspersky and it didn't detect anything.

The links in the first post likely stopped working after the Great Hacking of 2008, as they appear to point to the old upload system.

Top Bottom