Macchu Pichu not giving its bonuses before invasion

Deluxe

Warlord
I built the macchu pichu in one of my city, which has 2 moutains in range. Sadly, none of them was usable, and the +5*4 bonus was nowhere to be seen.

After some turns, I got invaded by Attila (sic). I quit, and this morning I loaded my save and took back the city. Now the moutain gives the Machu Pichu bonuses.

I should have checked by saving/reloading my game before the invasion to see if a simple reload fixed this bug. Atm, I don't know if it's the reload or the invasion/catpure which fixed it.

I was unable to replicate this issue. If you encounter this bug again, could you attach your logs and save file from before and after building Machu Picchu.

I will. Something else ;

As I understand it, the Meritocracy policy should give me 200 gold when I enter an era. It's not doing so.

Or is it giving 200*(nb of your era) just once, when you chose it ?

I will. Something else ;

As I understand it, the Meritocracy policy should give me 200 gold when I enter an era. It's not doing so.

Or is it giving 200*(nb of your era) just once, when you chose it ?

The later. 200 gold per era when chosen so the policy doesn't devalue in worth later on in the game.

I doubt this is really logical. With this solution this policy is more interesting after several eras (start to get interesting after at the medieval one). But the liberty tree is a starting tree, one of the first pick, and I (really often) finish it even before medieval (with barbarian + honor = a lot of culture).

So basically, in that case, this policy is useless (it's still a 400 gold boost, but not a 1000 if chosen later). I don't really see why this late game policy is in this starting tree, it doesn't seem to fit (imo).

Meritocracy also has the -33% policy cost effect. However, this is not the thread to discuss the costs and benefits of this policy.

Top Bottom