Resource icon

Make All Resources Harvestable 1.1

sp00n

Prince
sp00n updated Make All Resources Harvestable with a new update entry:

Visibility Update

I noticed that later resources like Niter, Coal, Alumunium, etc. were already able to be harvested, even if the resource icon was not even visible on the map yet. I've now changed the required tech to harvest a resource to the same one which triggers the visibility of the icon.
However the harvest action icon is still visible if there's a resource underneath your builder, even if it's not discovered and harvestable yet. So theoretically you could scan your whole territory for any yet...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Would it be possible to make it so you can harvest resources outside your own territory as well? I want to use this mod in conjunction with the Great Wall Outside Territory, but I can't build the wall if there's a resource on the tile.

Would it be possible to make it so you can harvest resources outside your own territory as well? I want to use this mod in conjunction with the Great Wall Outside Territory, but I can't build the wall if there's a resource on the tile.
I'm afraid that's not possible without DLL modification.

Yes, yes, yes :). This allowed me to build the Ruhr Valley on a a perfect tile, formerly ruined by a luxury of which I had pleny of copies.

I had a problem one game.. Removed furs that was surrounded by mountains, but couldn't build holy site once it was gone..

I had a real problem with an in depth play through on a earth map, i wanted to build a wall as the Chinese and I couldn't finish it due to some deer in the way. This mod really helped me out and is such a simple but imo a necessary mod. It is going to be one of the main mods I run on all my games!

I decided to feature it on a mod spotlight series I do. Thanks so much for your hard work!

Video:

I had a real problem with an in depth play through on a earth map, i wanted to build a wall as the Chinese and I couldn't finish it due to some deer in the way. This mod really helped me out and is such a simple but imo a necessary mod. It is going to be one of the main mods I run on all my games!

I decided to feature it on a mod spotlight series I do. Thanks so much for your hard work!

Video:
Yay, thanks! :D

Although you should've been able to get rid of deers even before - bonus resources were always able to be harvested. This mod enables this for strategic and luxury resources.
Also, you can add this to your current game as well, if you either
a) add the All_Resources_Harvestable.sql to any other mod you've already installed for this game, and add the relevant entries in the .modinfo for that other mod (in <Files> and <UpdateDatabase>), or
b) directly modify the \Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Resources.xml file, and replacing the <Resource_Harvests> section with this:
Code:
    <Resource_Harvests>
       <!-- Bonus -->
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_BANANAS"        YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_CATTLE"         YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_COPPER"         YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_CRABS"          YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_DEER"           YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_FISH"           YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_RICE"           YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_POTTERY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SHEEP"          YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_STONE"          YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_MASONRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_WHEAT"          YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_POTTERY"/>
       <!--Luxury -->
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_CITRUS"         YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_COCOA"          YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_COFFEE"         YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_COTTON"         YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_DIAMONDS"       YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_DYES"           YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_POTTERY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_FURS"           YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_GYPSUM"         YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MASONRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_INCENSE"        YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_POTTERY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_IVORY"          YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_JADE"           YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_MARBLE"         YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_MERCURY"        YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_PEARLS"         YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SALT"           YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SILK"           YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SILVER"         YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SPICES"         YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_POTTERY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SUGAR"          YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_TEA"            YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_TOBACCO"        YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_TRUFFLES"       YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_WHALES"         YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_WINE"           YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
       <!-- Strategic -->
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_ALUMINUM"       YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_ADVANCED_FLIGHT"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_COAL"           YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_STEAM_POWER"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_HORSES"         YieldType="YIELD_FOOD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_IRON"           YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_BRONZE_WORKING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_NITER"          YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_GUNPOWDER"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_OIL"            YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_COMBUSTION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_URANIUM"        YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_NUCLEAR_FISSION"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_ANTIQUITY_SITE" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_MINING"/>
       <Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_SHIPWRECK"      YieldType="YIELD_GOLD"       Amount="50" PrereqTech="TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION"/>
   </Resource_Harvests>

This way you wouldn't even need the mod - but the changes could be overwritten if a patch comes out.

Thanks for the mod, much needed !

Evil game wanted to tease me always, as I have prepared some places for future wonders, the game places always some niter, coal etc. there so I couldn't built the wonder, as it would need some other building next to it ... now it is solved, always hated that , special when you already had lot of the same strategic resources !

Thanks

I've tried updating this mod with the new resources from R&F but it causes civ6 to go back to main menu when launching a game

I've already tried applying Gedemon's fix for the DLCs and giving the mod a load order, but it still doesn't work :(

Hey guys
There's now a thing that only bonus resources can be harvested. I've transformed jade into bonus for single removing, then turned it back. It helped though it took time.

Mr(s). Shorel Aran,

Could I ask how you did the transformation on jade to bonus resource? Was it enough to modify it in the resources.xml in the base game? Did you have to add the modification in the expansion resources.xml file? Or was it necessary to make changes in the "lua" files?
Thank you.
Have a beautiful week!
Edward.

First of all I did it before .257 patch, so smth could have been changed
Well, as I can see - many things have changed, so make backups (who knows how their magic works since they had a syntax mistake in main file describing leaders' behaviour XD)

\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Resources.xml

You probably need to change
<Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_JADE" Name="LOC_RESOURCE_JADE_NAME" ResourceClassType="RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY" Happiness="4" Frequency="2"/>
RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY into RESOURCECLASS_BONUS

Then add a next string into <Resource_Harvests> field
<Row ResourceType="RESOURCE_JADE" YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" Amount="25" PrereqTech="TECH_IRRIGATION"/>
Where YIELD_PODUCTION obviously gives you production; change into what you need.

Thank you.
I will try and see if it works well.
I managed to make it possible to build districts over resources, without harvesting, which is an acceptable workaround, as the harvest is not an amazing amount.

Have a beautiful rest of the week!
Edward.

It's been a few years... would it be possible to make this mod dynamic? So instead of modifying specific resources, it gets a list of all resources (bonus, strategic, and luxury) then loops through and makes them all harvestable?

Top Bottom