Make your planes move like Civ II

Has anyone experimented with this in C3C? And do fighters on air superiority mission intercept moving air units without the immobile flag?

Don't know if somebody else has said this, but if it's air, and another unit tries to go unto the same square as it (attacks it), then it is destroyed, like when a city it is in is captured/razed.

hi gyus!are u still searching for solutions?cause i want to ask an opinion as well!i want to add helicopters,behaving like civ 2 !what icons shall i checked in the editor please?

you could try flagging "all terrain as roads" "blitzs" and make them a land unit. It's as close as I know you can get.

Or you can have them ignore terrain types, and select all or almost all, and yeah, try it out.

I just started a little mod to learn the editing features and i'm already stuck with this plane problem. I tried many different solutions, and i have to confirm that the ones explained in this thread are the only working ones, even with C3C.

You can make them land units, and bypass the ocean limitations with the rebase option or, the best in my opinion, is to use the invisibility, and leave them Air.

In case of helicopters, as just been said, makin them land units with no terrain limits gives you a realistic output. Helicopters will not be able, then, to attack far sea units, but this is not a problem, it is just as it should be.
But your fighters will need to attack ships, and since the editor don't let you build mixed units (a BIG flaw in my opinion), you just have to hope that there will not be too many units with the chance to spot the invisible airplane.
As long as you are making "normal" fighters or bombers, when sometimes you fall in radar range, and the plane is taken out by a common ground unit, this is not a total nonsense. Since the only units able to spot submarines are modern ships and a couple of hi-tech ground little bastards, you can always think of a bad ground to air missile attack, 'cause there SHOULD be a nearby strong unit or installation.
This don't work always, of course. I was taken down a couple of times by ancient units while testing in debug mode. I'm not sure if this happen 'cause the AI "cheats", and let his horsemen see the invisibile plane, or if it's just bad luck, when the ground unit chose to step right in the square where you are "hiding".

For massively customized mods, i can only suggest to be really careful when adding the ability to spot submarines to any custom unit. As i see by now, with a near-original mod with just a unit edited with this air/invisible trick, things goes quite well, and even the AI seems to use them decently. I don't know what would happen with a more complex mod, but nothing good i fear...

Kadath said:
I just started a little mod to learn the editing features and i'm already stuck with this plane problem. I tried many different solutions, and i have to confirm that the ones explained in this thread are the only working ones, even with C3C.

You can make them land units, and bypass the ocean limitations with the rebase option or, the best in my opinion, is to use the invisibility, and leave them Air.

In case of helicopters, as just been said, makin them land units with no terrain limits gives you a realistic output. Helicopters will not be able, then, to attack far sea units, but this is not a problem, it is just as it should be.
But your fighters will need to attack ships, and since the editor don't let you build mixed units (a BIG flaw in my opinion), you just have to hope that there will not be too many units with the chance to spot the invisible airplane.
As long as you are making "normal" fighters or bombers, when sometimes you fall in radar range, and the plane is taken out by a common ground unit, this is not a total nonsense. Since the only units able to spot submarines are modern ships and a couple of hi-tech ground little bastards, you can always think of a bad ground to air missile attack, 'cause there SHOULD be a nearby strong unit or installation.
This don't work always, of course. I was taken down a couple of times by ancient units while testing in debug mode. I'm not sure if this happen 'cause the AI "cheats", and let his horsemen see the invisibile plane, or if it's just bad luck, when the ground unit chose to step right in the square where you are "hiding".

For massively customized mods, i can only suggest to be really careful when adding the ability to spot submarines to any custom unit. As i see by now, with a near-original mod with just a unit edited with this air/invisible trick, things goes quite well, and even the AI seems to use them decently. I don't know what would happen with a more complex mod, but nothing good i fear...

Quite a contributing post :)

The invisibility trait for the air units is an extremely clever idea I had not thought of or heard of. Definitely worth considering if this kind of air control is what the creator wants.

Top Bottom