Managing happiness doesn't seem to be as difficult post-patch as I thought it would b

Horizons

Needing fed again!
I'm actually liking the tweaking they did, but it doesn't look like the AI performs much better.

Just finished my first full game since the patch. Early game I didn't have a lot of happiness but I was rarely unhappy. When the game ended I had ~60 happy. Immortal/standard/pangea.

I'm liking the happiness changes so far, but the collisseum has turned into such a weak building, I hesitate to even waste time with it.

The circus, however... still awesome

In my first game of patch 332, for some reason I was getting an extra +2 (6 in total) happiness for each luxury resource , but I don't know why!:confused:

Just finished my first full game since the patch. Early game I didn't have a lot of happiness but I was rarely unhappy. When the game ended I had ~60 happy. Immortal/standard/pangea.

Early happiness seems to be tighter, so you need fairly good locations to justify building additional cities. You typically have enough excess happiness that you can afford a second city after your capital is working all its resources, but a third city is harder now that even an additional luxury only allows a size 1 city. Once you get a bit further in the game though, happiness isn't a major obstacle.

Early happiness seems to be tighter, so you need fairly good locations to justify building additional cities. You typically have enough excess happiness that you can afford a second city after your capital is working all its resources, but a third city is harder now that even an additional luxury only allows a size 1 city. Once you get a bit further in the game though, happiness isn't a major obstacle.

Yeah, I really like how this seems to be working. It restricts excessive horizontal growth and requires some strategy to maintain expansion, and then seems to open up later in the game and allow you to spam to every remaining nook if you want to.

They got a lot of things really right with this patch.

i built basically every wonder from the beginning up until himeji my last game and by 200AD with 7 cities i had +30 happiness. My capital has like 20 pop already and im on king. i dont know what im doing right, but happiness has been so easy to keep high so far

Organized religion is OP.... piety was just massively buffed.

There was a game where I was bee lining straight +3 Hammers on coastal cities and skipping Piety all together for to rationalism, cause I had the Porcelian and was spamming RA's. Obviously had trouble with my unhappiness, but you need the Happiness buildings with that build. There are other ways to do it, but as of now, unhappiness doesn't seem like it was all that nerfed.

Just think about it, +2 for Monuments and Temples, which are constructed faster than previously. That makes up for Coliseums and one luxury. Now you add +1 for connecting roads under the Liberty tree +5% unhappiness. That's doubled what it was previously +5%.... so you are going to make up for +4 luxury. No nerfs were made to unhappiness.

I have been playing two games, one solo, one hotseat (yay!) when the wife is home. Both on prince, marathon and standard. Just to try it out, you know? Happiness has been a concern, but it has never been unmanageable. In one earth game I have all of Africa with about 8 city's built and one annexed. Still going strong.

This patch is awesome.

Top Bottom