Many problems with the World Editor.

Tick the boxes corresponding to what do you think it is needed for the World Editor.

• Total voters
I give up...

This is better, because you don't understand that these things should be in the editor, you shouldn't have to modify the files before to get them.

Do you play with introduction movie? I dont. To disable it, I have to go in INI file and put 1 to 0. In had to put autosaves from 1 to 5.

Thats not modding.

This is a kind of modding because you don't act in the game in itself.
These options should be in the game in itself and not oustide.
This is another bad thing ...

Thats preparing the game. Adding cheatcode=chipotle is preparing the world builder, not cheating.

Why do you have to "prepare" the Editor?
Why the Editor is not already made correctly at start ?
This thing should be done at the beginning, and you shouldn't have to do it by modifying hell files, this is also bad.

using world editor is "cheat". (...) but using world editor is called "cheat" by firaxis.

It depends for what you use it.
I want to use World Editor to make my own map, not to see where are the things before playing, playing knowing all about the map is not playing but doing the pig. => That's why I want to add random things, which lack, to make the game more randomly and not knowable in advance.
But using World Editor inself for what it should be done isn't cheating.

If you lock the "cheat" option you cant open the Worldbuilder

This is bad.
There shouldn't be an option to "lock", if should be done from the beginning, and makable by all easily IN THE GAME in itself.
Why this f*cking option exists ? Why prefering to limit the World Editor? All this is totally absurd.

So if you plan to work with the editor, you HAVE to put that damnt chipotle because without it the editor isnt COMPLETE

It should be complete from the beginning ...
Why does Firaxis do all this hard, bad, and f*ck ?
I'm really wondering on Firaxis's mind knowing all these faults.

Not for Multiplayer ? Why ? A map is a map ...

that is teenager game.

Lol ? No. This is a hard game that needs a big APM that teenagers don't have easily.
Civ4 is maybe "smarter" but the players that are targeted are not very different.
The age is the same for both games...

How could they find the INI., if any...

?

I read carefully and understand quite well.

Yet You last post proves the contrary.

The problem is that you're being ridiculously arbitrary.

Lol no you are wrong.
Why should I be that ?
I'm not only showing the Civ4 problems.
Your issues are not issues.
You are the problem.

that said capabilities ARE present

They aren't present.
Or maybe hidden.
And they shouldn't be.

you have merely chosen to label them as "modding" rather than "world builder."

You don't understand.
Modding are things that are outside the game in contrast with the World Editor which is in the game.
You don't have, or you shouldn't have, to do anything outside.

Very simple.

Yes, correct all these problems, without saying dubious theories and it will be good.

Let's be perfectly clear here.

It would be good indeed.

You are NOT asking for any additional capabilities to be provided to you.

No, they aren't present, you shouldn't go outside the editor to get them.

As Salamandre has made quite clear, the capabilities you are requesting are already there.

Maybe outside, but it shouldn't be like that, it should be in already.
And typing strange commands is not part of a real World Editor.
It has to be simplier.

The only thing you are complaining about is that they aren't in the FORM you want.

Except for Undo button and others.
They are maybe existing, but they are outside, and hard to use.
They need to be in the FORM that is the best not the hardest.

And said form is purely a matter of labelling.

No, because it should be in, and so if you go outside this is modding and I'm not talking about modding but world editing.

I want to 'cheat,' but not to 'cheat' in this one particular way that's identical to what I'm already doing

??
I don't want to cheat.
I want to make my own map, and how it should be makable, is this hard to understand?

because I've arbitrarily decided

This is not arbitrarly but justified, this is the thing it should be, because easier, normal, as the convention wants it (like other games' editors), this is all better, I don't arbitrarly decide anything, you are wrong.

that I can't actually type anything into the WB."

No command should be typed in the WB.
Commands are modding.
All is made to be the hardest as possible.

Simply put, what you're demanding would be a ridiculous, unjustifiable, unsupportable, and downright counterproductive thing to do, since it amounts to nothing more than cosmetic changes, that would involve a LOT of work and reduce the overall capabilities of the WB/modding/SDK setup.

You are all wrong.
This is not ridiculous nor unjustified or unsupportable or " downright counterproductive" because it is better, simplier, it has to be as this, normal, all the games work as this, this editor is the ONLY which work bad, this is the first thing I ever seen working so hard and bad, and that's why it has to be changed.
This won't reduce nothing, this won't damage nothing, this isn't negative, this is only what needs to be done, what it's better, and all what allows easy editing, real editing, without losing any time and nerves on this shi*ty system.

Danicela said:
This is better, because you don't understand that these things should be in the editor, you shouldn't have to modify the files before to get them.

I dont get the point of making polls about minor and useless things, then beeing arrogant and unfriendly (you agree that people with other opinions should give up)and never reading any argues contrary to yours. This is your x poll where you upset people. Maybe you know about this game too little(ICMB?) to be able to point out possible missing features (which are in btw, but you refuse to move your little finger). We are all wrong in your point of view, because you wanna hear only YOUR thing. For which reason you think that those things SHOULD be in the form you want? This is completely arbitrary.

They are in the form Firaxis wanted them and you are the only one who keeps complaining.

I dont get the point of making polls about minor and useless things

Firstly these things aren't minor and useless, because they are bad done, inexistant, bad placed, or hard accessible.
They are very important, I can do nothing of I wanted on my map because these things don't exist, this makes the World Editor very limited.
I make polls to see if other people agree with me, and I see that 95% agree, so it is clear...

then beeing arrogant and unfriendly (you agree that people with other opinions should give up)and never reading any argues contrary to yours.

I'm maybe arrogant only because I'm fed up with stupid things that don't worh nothing, that are false, and that are out of subject, but in fact, i'm not arrogant, only if you push me to be it.
I'm unfriendly for the same reasons, you don't want to understand the things, and I'm fed up with repeating the same things again and angain.
I don't agree that people with other opinions should give up, I agree that people with BAD & FALSE & STUPID opinions should give up.

Never reading !? This is the most stupid things you have said, you didn't see that I answer to ALL = 100% of your things? And after you see i'm not reading? What you say is absurd. How I can answer to your posts without reading?

I read the contrary arguments, and if I reject them, that's because they are false.

is your x poll where you upset people.

Another stupid thing : I don't upset anybody, if you don't want to participate to my polls : GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME IN PEACE.
The ones who participate to my polls want to give their opinion, this is not an "upset", if you think this is an upset (it's obviously not one), go away, I don't bother you, you are in wrong there.
I give many polls because this is a good thing so I use it the most times, this is all about useful, I won't explain why because this is obvious.

Maybe you know about this game too little(ICMB?)

I maybe don't know all the things about the game, but ICBM is a name given by forums' members, and not by the game, so these 2 things aren't linked.

to be able to point out possible missing features

And even if I don't know all, I know to see what is missing, and I show them.
You don't know to know all to know to see what is missing.
That's not the first game I analyze...

which are in btw, but you refuse to move your little finger

They aren't, they are maybe hidden, but they shouldn't.
I don't refuse to "move my little finger" because I lost many time here to report the problems and to answer to your stupidities.
I don't have to move for these type of things that SHOULD be easier and in the World Editor ALREADY, modding files shouldn't be, this is not good.

We are all wrong in your point of view

No, you are both you 2 wrong (95% agree with me), and not by my point of view but of the truth.

because you wanna hear only YOUR thing.

False, I hear only truth, not wrongness.

For which reason you think that those things SHOULD be in the form you want?

This is not the form I want, this is the form it SHOULD be, this doesn't depend of me.
I've told you why already, see my other posts (easiness, simple, convention like ALL other editors etc.), this has not to be explained.
Why choosing the way of hardness ?

This is completely arbitrary

As I have to repeat, this is not arbitrary but justified, what you want you is arbitrary (= take the wrong, the bad, the hard)

They are in the form Firaxis wanted them

A bad form.
I'm here with the others to show you that it is a very hard wrong thing.
This has to be changed.

and you are the only one who keeps complaining.

Another very false thing : See the poll : 95% of the participants agree with me.
We all understand that the things need to be changed.
You are the only who want to keep the bad and false systems like the Christian priests in the middle ages who burnt all scientists only because they told something superior than them.

---

I'm fed of your insulting, ironical, and agressive posts.
I don't want you post again.
Stop it now.

Moderator Action: Danicela - warned for flaming. Watch your tone.

You see what I do, but you don't understand why I do it, and indeed you don't see what he did BEFORE.
He provoked me, he wants to make me angry, he does always the first step to violence.
I know that I used negative words and I'll try not to use these words or equivalents again, but I want that Salamandre and the others to be more polite and that they don't attack me again in no way possible.
If I seem to be violent, this is only a defense manner, I never attack the first but I answer to what the agressive say to me.
Yet, I won't be "flamer" (he was flaming actually, not me) again, even if he continues to provoke me ...

-

For the "cheatcode = chipotle", does it alter anything else in the game, or it affects only the World Builder ?
In conclusion to this, I think the better would be if this "activator" could be put in the World Builder in itself, because having a World Builder as it is useless when not activated is worth nothing.
I think that this "activation" gives only "commands" to type... The better would be if we could have these commands as buttons and things in the World Builder in itself and not as commands that you haven't any documentation in the World Builder about and that make you lost when you don't understand what you have to type.

I couldn't find a way to access the WorldBuilder without starting a game so I opened an ongoing game and started editing the map, resources...etc.

Does anyone here know how to do the following:

1- I want to save the map, resources as a scenario, or at a minimum, export the map for use in a different game so I don't lose hours of work in World Builder - How do I do this? When I save my work it just takes me back to the current game in progress. (in short, I want to import my map into a different game)

2- I am not thrilled with the selection of civs in the game I opened and edited in WorldBuilder and would like to change them and use different civs. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. The dropdown only shows the civs that were selected at the beginning of the game. I would also like to play a new custom game on my map and define different the victory conditions for the scenario. I don't see where to find these functions in WorldBuilder.

I find the World Editor in Civ4 rather annoying. And I don't want to be forced to mess with the ..ini file because I don't want to make a mistake with it. CivIII's editor was a lot friendlier to use.

I also miss CivIII's map randomization. The editor actually took plate tectonics into consideration.

Yes, Civ4's editor isn't good, all options should be with buttons, not with dubious writting files and things, and you shouldn't get access to the Editor by a game... you should have seperated programs (Warcraft III) or ingame seperated programs (Age of Empires I) to have access to the Editor, but not by a game ... Civ4's Editor needs to be strongly modified, this is necessary.

So the world builder only lets you alter the world as it was set up during the initialisation of a game. So what ? Maybe it ought to have been called "world modifier", because that is what it is. One can change tiles at will, even to grass/floodplain/iron if you like, shift your opponents on to little tundra islands, make sure they have no iron or oil, whatever. Cheat to your little heart's content.
BUT please, please, please, will somebody explain in very simple terms just how one places a river that does not run in a straight line ? Whenever I have tried to get one to bend, it sprouts a silly one-tile tributary which can sometimes be deleted, but only sometimes, without breaking the river in two and requiring a restart.
One small tip: if one turns on "show all resources" before opening WB then this carries over, which simplifies identification of the specks denoting copper, iron etc.

Top Bottom