[Map]FFH-Map where Evil rules

julko

Chieftain
I had always problem with challenging map where evil civs goes wild. Good or neutral are always dominant players in my custom games. So I have created map where good and neutral civ have less room to expand then evil civs.

Also, some civs are not in game:Lanun, Kuriotates, Hippus, Grigori

Map is Large, Pangaea(made by me), Flat, Unique Features all in(tomb of Succelus etc.)
Other Options are customizable
Created under FFH0.30f, but hopefully it will work with future patches

You can select any civs, but for the first start I suggest to start as Sabathiel(Bannor). To have fun, don't look at map screeshot below(spoiler)

Map screenshot:

There are two versions of this map. First is without raging barb on, civs starts with some wariors:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/98105/Julko-FFH0-30fmap1.zip

Second is with Raging barbs ON, each civ start with specific hero which represents the leader(Bannor starts with Angel with Hero promo,etc.) to help AI civs against barbs and mainly to encourage ROLEPLAY!!
So this one is for those of you who likes Roleplay. This is version which I suggest most:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/98105/Julko-FFH-0-30f-mapRoleplay02.zip

So start as Sabathiel and purge this land!

I had some really challenging games as Sabathiel and Valledia, with AC going up, Perpentach going AV and with double score than me and Hyborem spawning(and being strong!). Enjoy. Feedback is welcomed.

Unzip, put file in C:\Documents and Settings\"your username"\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps
or C:\Documents and Settings\"your username"\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder
then play through "Play Scenario"(or custom scenario if you want to change some settings)

changelog:
Spoiler :
1/8/08 Added new promos for starting heroes, added command promo to sheim and balsephals hero. Ai will better resist the barb onslaught

Sounds interesting, I've got that problem a lot too that evil civs turn neutral or simply aren't very evil.
Will try it soon!

I'll try this as soon as I get shadow to work

You know? Those special units in the Roleplay version of your map make it way too easy. Playing as Bannor now and in early stages, my angel did all the conquests actually, nothing could stand in its way.
Also, I have another problem - pretty common for me sadly :( I've never experienced a game with AC higher than like... 18? I don't raze cities so taht my empire is big and productive and manages to squeeze many beakers - very needed on Emperor. Perpentach did found AV, but he simply won't convert to it from OO :(

Thanks for giving it a shot;) . Yeah, it seems that Avatars are way too strong, and raging barb option ussually wipe or slow down down evil civs. I've tried several changes in scenario, but i cannot figure out how to help evil civ against barbs in appropriate way. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your game as furios Sabathiel in your game.;)

This was a fun scenario to play, despite the balance problems, and I had some tense moments during my game, when I wasn't sure if I could survive. (Like accepting Einion's offer of vassalage and realizing that he was at war with half the world that I didn't yet have contact with.)

The best way to help AI civs against Barbarians is to play on higher difficulty level. However, even on Immortal the Bannor's starting Angel hero made the game too easy. (I usually play on Emperor or Monarch.) His bless ability is particularly unbalancing, effectively turning all warriors into axemen. (The fact that he can single-handedly wipe out entire civilizations in early game also doesn't help balance.)

Other ways to help AI are:

- Turning on "Ignore building requirements" option. - Without it, even Immortal AI fielded armies consisting largely of warriors even on turn 300

- Allowing unlimited tech trading. - Tech trading helps AIs fill in the glaring holes they tend to leave in their tech trees. While humans can abuse the system, RB games indicate that (at least for unmodified CIV) AI tends to do better when tech trading isn't limited.

@Zeviz
Thanx for playing this:). You are right about AI buffing options(like ignoring building requirements), that can help AI greatly against barbarians. But, it will help AI against me also, and my usual difficulty is monarch(my gameplay sucks, i know:)). But settings are fully customizable , just run game through "custom scenario".
according to overpowered angel:I've tried to stress it enough at start:ROLEPLAY! So Sabathiel should be sitting in bannor palace licking his wounds from journey out of hell. I've tried to pin him in place(like barbatos at holy sepulcher), but my modding skill are worldbuilder-only:crazyeye:

to all: feel free to edit and publish your moddified versions of this map here.

When I click either of your download links I receive an error.

Hmmm. It seems that I lost these map files by some accident:mad: . Sorry. I can't find them.

Anyway, I'm creating a new version of this map right now, but larger(huge) and with all civilizations. Hopefully I will be able to release new version in few days, so come back in few days if somebody interested.

Top Bottom