MAP: Fictional map "Sirius" (132x84)

-sr

Chieftain

Download

DESCRIPTION:
Let's go on with two fictional maps...
I made both on a request in the "Post Map Requests"-thread. It's on page 19 post 363, the map was requested by Trueblade. I don't know whether he noticed it that I finished my work on it or not; nevertheless I liked the motive so I decided to create a fantasy map on it. I called it

Sirius

This is the model it's only land/ocean, so the rest is up to my fantasy:

I hope you like it. Although I think that Earth maps are more popular than fictional maps, in my opinion Sirius and Orion are two of the best maps I made until today.

DATA:
Map Size: 132x84
Worldsize: Huge
Nations: None preset
Resources: enough for 12 players
Version 1.01; Sun, Sep 14, 2008

SCREENSHOTS:
North West
North East
Center
South West
South East

HOW TO INSTALL:

All my maps are for Vanilla, but you can easily play them with WL or BTS. Extract them and put them into the folder:

* for Vanilla: Civ4/PublicMaps
* for Warlords: Civ4/Warlords/PublicMaps
* for Beyond the Sword: Civ4/Beyond the Sword/PublicMaps.

Or, if you want a WL- oder BTS-map, you can change the file extension:

* for Vanilla: Civ4WorldBuilderSave
* for Warlords: CivWarlordsWBSave
* for Beyond the Sword: CivBeyondSwordWBSave

This looks like a great map to play on, but for some reason I cant download it. It either comes up with "CANNOT READ FILE" or it opens the notepad, filled with a bunch of wierd coding.

Does it have to do witht he fact that its .rar?

Yes :)
To start this map, you need to download WinRAR (start Google and search for it). WinRAR is a program that produces a .rar-file that contains all files you want and reduces their drain of memory. Without WinRAR maps for example would need far more memory space. When you've downloaded WinRAR you can extract the map from the file, and then you can put the extracted file in your PublicMaps folder.

Top Bottom