Map lore

Amurites, Elohim, Bannor and Lanun should be quite near each other and with Infernals spawned in this region according to Valledia info

:dunno: Now there's a problem
Bannor and Amurites are SE from Ilians
But so are Malakim
And Svartalfar is N from them
So how can these be fitted together?:dunno:

Well, you could have the Bannor and Amurites being southeast of the Illians, and the Malakim being South, East og Southeast of the Bannor and Amurites again (i.e. one removed). And are the Svartalfar north of the Illians or the Malakim?

Malakim. The dale of Arawn (is it where Varn is from or is there another?) is in the middle.
Grigori and Calabim are west from Malakim so they are propably more south and Amur/Bann are more east but then where do the elves fit, as Ljosalfar can't be too far from Svartalfar and Bannor. In the middle?

Sounds alignmentally correct:D

Evil---Evil
--------------Neutral
----------Good---Evil---Neutral
Neutral---Evil-Neutral
-------Good
Evil

Seems relatively balanced (sorry for the stupid -------s)

Hmmm...
Is it realistic for the Clan to be coastal?
In that arrangement as the Amurites have coast it seems that sea has to go all the way from Calabim to Amurites and because Bannor's in the middle of Clan and elves but they have some access to the sea, looks like the Clan's going to be surrounded by seas.

Well, I found the notebook that I think I used, but I guess I tore out all the notes pertaining to FfH, so I wont have anything for you. sorry.

Erebus is flat but is it rectangular or round?
The coastalness of Amurites is a problem, all other could be fit together but that causes some problems.

I have been trying to create some kind of heartland-borderland map where most civs will start relatively close to each other but there will be lots of land around them. This will allow both early wars and late expansion. Also the Infernals have lots of space to spawn.

I tried to allow adventuring in the wild borderlands so there shouldn't be excess trouble in getting the Grand Menagerie's animals, especially with wildlands option enabled. Acheron will hopefully spawn in some of the mountain barbarian cities so any nations can try to kill him.

The unique features are placed, if not related to some civ, so that as many civs as possible might get them. There are going to be many ruins and ancient remains to make the world more mysterious and the secrets of hidden valleys, caves and islands are waiting to be uncovered.
(Just a draft yet, comments of any kind are welcome)

Nice concept, looks like a fun scenario. I always imagined Erebus as a spiral, with Letum Frigus in the middle. But that was without reading any civ placement clues.

I think it's a lot easier to fit it on a sphere than a flat land. Not only that, but rather than deciding that one civ will be in the "middle", try to:

- draw a sphere, but do not draw the equator and the poles yet
- put one civ, any civ, on the spot
- pretend that civ is the "center" on the flat representation, and then place civs on the sphere so that the relationships fit
- NOW put in the tilt of the axis of Erebus, the star, the equator, the poles, the waters, the ORBIT that Erebus revolves around...

Although there are many civs and many conditions, given the vagueness of the conditions, and hence the vast range of arrangement sets/ranges that can fall under "solution", there will only be a few outright inconsistancies.

Example: if two civs are on the opposite ends of the sphere, one can either be far North or far South of the other. You place the axis tilt, poles and orbit in after the civs, for that reason.

Nice concept, looks like a fun scenario. I always imagined Erebus as a spiral, with Letum Frigus in the middle. But that was without reading any civ placement clues.

Excuse me for my ignorance but how is the Lectum Frigus so important?
And what kind of spiral exactly?

About that map draft: does it sound reasonable that the Amurites would have their firebow regiments on coast of a lone northern sea, defending from possible barbarians?
And does anyone have any ideas where the Sheaim could be placed?

The Letum Frigus is the place where Mulcarn set up his trone, and ultimately the place where he fell. It is also the place where Auric Ulvin met the Illians and was "possessed" by Mulcarn.

Now, normally you would think that was near the north or south pole, but since Erebus is a fantasy world, and the Age of Ice flowed forth from Mulcarn, I thought it made sense to place him in the middle. The spiral was a spiral galaxy kind of spiral. But that was all just imagination on my part.

But, you can expect one to be provided in the "Ice" phase. We had to nail down all the scenarios and places for that phase and the design doc from that phase gives a decent look at the layout of the world (we arent ready to share that yet). But that will be overruled by whatever makes the scenarios better. As is typical we lay out a framework and then begin the detail work which may or may not change the high level design. So Im not sure how it will look when finished, our goal is to create the best scenarios possible, not to comply to a fixed map.

This is exactly what I was hoping to here, it definitely seems like the right approach.

If the Amurites are coastal, there are two possibilities in that draft. Which one do you like the most, one of these or the original?
(In the right-hand version Bannor and Clan would be moved a bit to the west)

Top one. It gels best with the map from the AoI scenario.

Try the one on the left. Hey, how big are those islands going to be?, the Lanun
could do the island fortress thing,eh?

I'm trying to time the first public version to the release of shadow. The deadline is so late because I don't want to be late from it. A 0.23 version might be ready well before december but the first versions 0.1 to 0.5 are more or less unbalanced.
Islands will be of all different sizes, a couple of bigger ones, with wild jungle and surprises that can't be seen from the coast, for the courageous.

Can't get much faster answer :)

(And plz tell me where to place Sheaim)

(and whether Sidar should be in play or not, and where)

Top Bottom