• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Map Modding

I want to tweak the Earth18Civs map I got with the game to give some of the AIs more intelligent starting positions. Where is it, how do I open it without letting the AI take a turn (via Worldbuilder), and how do I save it in it's improved form?

My guess is that you only need to pick the first civ in the list when you load the scenario. Once the game starts go into WB. The AI will not have its turn by that time.

However if you intend to change starting position it wouldn't matter if the AI has taken its turn. If a city is built you can remove it and place a settler wherever you want.

To save the map just use the save button in the upper-right tools section of WB. Choose a new name for the map to keep the original.

You may like to check the excellent WB manual by Dale in the reference and tutorials sub-forum.

I chose Egypt, which is the first in the list, and indeed, no one had had their turn. However they didn't have Settlers yet! I guess there's some trigger at the start of the scenario that places the Settlers. Anyone know about this?

I guess the settler is there but you can't see him. If two units are in the same tile you see only one of them. Anyway to change the location of units you have to remove them and place new ones in the new location.

When you get into WB you are in Player mode (i.e. in player edit mode), your civ will be the selected one. Select each player from the drop-down list. To remove a unit right click it. To place a unit select its button and click the map's tile.

Again, have a look at Dale's manual it tells you everything you need.

Top Bottom