[MAP] [Map] My huge 19 civ map for v.25 +

Well, the map certainly does load without any problems, though cityart seems to be missing completely (no buildings at all) for most civs, but I also get that problem in other scenarios, so no surprises there. Besides from that, the map seemed to run fine, though Illians and Ljos were destroyed by barbarians very early.

That's good that it loaded for you. I had a corrupted version somehow. I downloaded it from here and updated. New terrain features and of course city art. See first post (in about 3 minutes ;))
Great! Gonna give it a go again later, then :D

That's good that it loaded for you. I had a corrupted version somehow. I downloaded it from here and updated. New terrain features and of course city art. See first post (in about 3 minutes ;))

:D Time to try out your new map then...

Has anyone noticed that ROK (the Runes religion) seems to take over? Seems like the Armeg. counter doesn't get very high either. I'm playing 34 - patch f. Almost always this map.

Has anyone noticed that ROK (the Runes religion) seems to take over? Seems like the Armeg. counter doesn't get very high either. I'm playing 34 - patch f. Almost always this map.

Yep, RoK is usually the dominant religion on this map, turning most of the evil civs into neutrals. I'm not sure, but I think the main cause of this is that the Khazad have so many neighbours to spread to early, which then applies peer pressure on the rest Do AIs still favor religions that have many followers? If so, I think that's just it, when the other religions could actually be founded, RoK is already so widespread that nobody dares to start their own religion.

The problem is that the Khazad are forced to beeline directly towards Way of the Earthmother if they don't have the tech yet and if the option to disable the religion isn't selected. The Ljosalfar are similarly forced to go straight for Way of the Forests, which also spreads early but doesn't change alignment. The game forces the AI to go for Corruption of Spirit, Deception, Orders from Heaven, and Honor too, but this only applies after an Evil/Good civ has learned Philosophy. No one is ever forced to go for Message of the Deep, the early game evil/neutral religion, so few good civs turn neutral.

The problem is that the Khazad are forced to beeline directly towards Way of the Earthmother if they don't have the tech yet and if the option to disable the religion isn't selected. The Ljosalfar are similarly forced to go straight for Way of the Forests, which also spreads early but doesn't change alignment. The game forces the AI to go for Corruption of Spirit, Deception, Orders from Heaven, and Honor too, but this only applies after an Evil/Good civ has learned Philosophy. No one is ever forced to go for Message of the Deep, the early game evil/neutral religion, so few good civs turn neutral.

That certainly fits with what I've observed ingame. OO never seems to even get founded, while CoE, Empyrean, AV and Order do get founded, but rarely even get adopted by their founder.

I haven't seen FoL spread that dramatically anymore, probably since Ljos are slightly more isolated with "barbatos" to the south, svart to the east, clan and grigori to the west (evil vs. good so I guess they aren't as willing to open borders, and grigori obviously aren't going to convert), besides from just the jungles that can also kill units quite well. And as you said, FoL doesn't change alignments, so the impact is smaller where it does hit.
I think I'll try disabling RoK when playing this scenario and see if FoL takes over instead.

An game option for where the ai cannot adopt religions that change their alignment might be useful here.

I really wish Kael would add this option. Also a check mark for forcing every unique feature onto the map would be great as well.

its because of the small changes. any scenario has these kinds of problems across versions. it's caused by adding, removing, or changing units, tiles, or improvements.

well...sure it's from small changes like adding and removing units and improvements and such...but the question is what broke the map specifically?

I've moved maps from one version to another before and so long as I was able to enter the world editor everything could get cleaned up...but this time, no matter who I start with I lose on turn one because nobody seems to actually get a starting place...

this is a strange thing to happen and I've not had it happen before. I'd go into the xml and change things if I had a better idea of what might cause such strangeness.

youd have to get nikis to look at it to see what specifically is messed up... and even he might not be able to figure it out since he made it so long ago

One thing that certainly broke the map was the removal of the compassion civic category. You need to remove the line that reads:

CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_COMPASSION, Civic=CIVIC_BASIC_CARE
from each of the leader entries. Since there are no buildings placed and units weren't changed to this version, I don't expect any other problems. I'll do it myself, but probably not before January, though it would probably take less time than finishing typing this mess... ah, just a minute.

That's just the info I needed. I was able to run the original and my custom tweaks to the map after getting rid of that compassion garbage.

thanks!

Top Bottom