[MAP] Ozzy's America - More Accurate Start

My next map with starts will have three cities.
(England) Jamestown, Boston, Charlestown
(Spain) Santa Domingo, St. Augustine, Cartjena/Maracaibo
(Portugal) Well 3 cities along the coast of Brazil
(France) Quebec, Montreal
(Holland) New Amsterdam, Nassau

My question is what do you think the best third city for France is Trios River/Fort Duquene (sp), New Orleans, Carribean Island/Guadelope or Guyana and which is best for Holland Aruba or up state New York? I realize this is slightly non historical with a start in 1492 but well if we were that concerned with start dates the English wouldn't get started until the 1600's and I'd rather have input now than after releasing a map.

Actually Roanoke was 1584. The problem is really the Dutch. Most of their territory was either near New York or Brazil. Alot of territory was the result of war. Alot of territory wasn't gained until the mid to late 1600's.

So on the map, you could start at 1600 with more colonies for spain and portugal. France's first colony seems to be 1600. So it is going to be very difficult to be very historical.

I would however like to have a bigger map with more room.

That is a good idea. France did have a large chunk of North America until she had to pay for wars and either lost or sold territory.

I think it would be interesting to put in New Amsterdam if their was more room on the East Seaboard. New Holland certainly had issues too.

A question though is how many of you have fought colonial wars with other Europeans and how has it worked out?

Having New Amsterdam between Jamestown and Plymouth creates a diplomatic challenge for the English. I have both allowed open borders for land passage between cities and acess to native villiages then just out cultured them to overlap their borders and put them in a stranglehold or aligned with the natives to capture and of course rename New York. Then again I have also edited Ozzy's map to make the St. Laurance ocean squares all the way to Lake Onterio and added to Cape Code to allow Boston without overlapping New Amsterdam. Flash brings up a good point. Should I go with Jamestown, Plymouth and Roanoke in the spirit of founding cities or Williamsburg, Boston, Charlestown in the spirit of rebellion? By the way puting an addtional Spanish cities in Florida with St. Augustine also makes for great game play.

You could make Paramaribo for the Dutch. Olinda would be a good place too, but there is a nice Tupi city in the way.

I like Jamestown, Boston, New York. Interesting Idea for New Amsterdam though.

Take a look at your map Ozzy!

When i played ur map i keep getting problems with English. Every round i start a new game as them i get random "Tax increase" on startup. The king says i have lost all my colonies or something. This only happens with English and on your map. When i play with the other nations "England" wins independence very quick even if their rebel sentiment is only a few %. Normally around turn 300 on Marathon 900 turns. The reason i am saying this is that i only encounter this on your map.

I am playing with PatchMod 1.06b, but i get none of these things with PatchMod maps and random custom maps ect.

It is really a pain because I really like your map bud.

In case it is not your map then I appoligize, but the reason i am saying this is because i can not reproduce this on other maps.

Have you concidered reducing the number of sea zones to Europe? While it better than vanilla they do seem awfully close. I tried a privateer statagy on my last game and it seems that if there were a smaller area say in the North Atlantic equal distance from New England and South America pirates/privateers patroling the "trade route" would be much more efficient and impactful.

Sure give me a few days. I've actually been spending the last few days playing some of the new mods and maps. I'll DL the lastest AOEII today.

Take a look at your map Ozzy!

When i played ur map i keep getting problems with English. Every round i start a new game as them i get random "Tax increase" on startup. The king says i have lost all my colonies or something. This only happens with English and on your map. When i play with the other nations "England" wins independence very quick even if their rebel sentiment is only a few %. Normally around turn 300 on Marathon 900 turns. The reason i am saying this is that i only encounter this on your map.

I am playing with PatchMod 1.06b, but i get none of these things with PatchMod maps and random custom maps ect.

It is really a pain because I really like your map bud.

In case it is not your map then I appoligize, but the reason i am saying this is because i can not reproduce this on other maps.

That's very strange. I have no idea what could be causing that...

I found a problem not posted here after searching a bit. I don't know if it's about your map or AoD II or what, but on each start of the game with whatever the settings as long as I'm not the pirates, the pirates go for europe right about 3 turns from the beginning of the game and die right there and then.

I kind of want them in the game but I can't have 'em without using world builder to set them up first, which is not what I want to do every time I start a game.

I attached a save file for you to test. It's from C4C 1.01f with AoD II 1.12.

EDIT: I noticed that the pirates were turned off for AoD II in earlier versions already. So that must be it, though it's kinda weird that they just die :)

Attachments

• Larry Oliver AD-1492-January.ColonizationSave
    127.3 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom