Map Script Compatibility with Mac Warlords

Apologies. I should have named it a distinct version to avoid your number sequence, as you will no doubt have a real 0.45 in due course.

My changes were simply to make the Windows user directory path code conditional, depending on the sys.platform value, and to provide a Mac version. Then I used os.path.join() to define the settings file path name, removing the dreaded backslashes. So this ought to provide a Mac version of your map scripts engine as well.

So, if I understand it properly from code, you have made it to remember settings on mac too?
I haven't tested it thoroughly, but all I did was to fix the two lines that define the settings file path code to create a valid file in the user's Civ4 or Warlords directory. It creates a file containing what look like settings, and I guess it would read it back.

By the way, what "._Planet_Generator_0_45.py" file does? I found it in archive
I think it contains Mac OS X metadata - file creator and type information. You should be able to ignore it. I must remember to use a compressor that I can tell not to do that.

Well then, it would be nice if someone using mac could test it, just to make sure. All what is needed is to start custom game with at least one of the settings changed, and then check if script remembers them.

Thank you for help.

I've done that, and it worked. I changed all the settings away from defaults, started a game, quit, then relaunched. The settings were all as I left them.

That version still works OK on my Mac. :goodjob:

I notice the version string in the script is '0.46', so the settings file name is 'planet_generator_0_46.cfg'.

Top Bottom