[Map Script] Full of resources

About the wheat on hills - Rice appearing on hills is a RoM feature, but I haven't seen it happen with wheat. I might have to talk to Zappara about that.

Don't worry, that's probably a mistake I've made and this is probably a Rice I've seen instead of wheat ^^.

since installing the 3.19 patch, it does not display the starting locations anymore. have made up a few maps, but nothing now.

since installing the 3.19 patch, it does not display the starting locations anymore. have made up a few maps, but nothing now.

Thank you for the notice. I'm downloading the patch and will check that.

Tcho!

Edit : This will not be easy to fix :crazyeye:. They have removed sendApplyEvent from the class CyMessageControl so there is no game options anymore (units, barbarians, reveal, ....). I will try to find another way to do that but that will need a lots of tests to check different play modes.

Im using your mapscript with Civ4 Complete with the Legands of Revolution Mod and it works fine with Patch 3.19

Im using your mapscript with Civ4 Complete with the Legands of Revolution Mod and it works fine with Patch 3.19

Thank you for the notice. Everything works fine except that all game options doesn't work. There are no more animals, barbarian cities, starting units, reveal and techs.
There is a python error when the script try to launch a function to apply them but it does nothing except prevent these functions to be applied.
I've still not found a good way to replace the missing attribute removed with the patch 3.19. I wait to have a mod compatible with the new patch and with several event manager to test a new way to apply these functions.

Tcho !

Started a Plain Civ 4 BTS Game. Went with Custom Game and Full of Resources Map. I had changed some of the default values in the selection screen pop-up. (Don't remember exactly which ones, but I do remember changing the Barbarians.)

I had Animal Barbarians and Goody Huts, and after 110 turns I had Barbarian Archers and Warriors.

I also checked and I have updated to Patch 3.19.

I hope this helps.

I really like this Map Script. Thank you.

I'll get back with more in a couple of weeks as I drive truck and am only home every 12 days.

Started a Plain Civ 4 BTS Game. Went with Custom Game and Full of Resources Map. I had changed some of the default values in the selection screen pop-up. (Don't remember exactly which ones, but I do remember changing the Barbarians.)

I had Animal Barbarians and Goody Huts, and after 110 turns I had Barbarian Archers and Warriors.

I also checked and I have updated to Patch 3.19.

I hope this helps.

I really like this Map Script. Thank you.

I'll get back with more in a couple of weeks as I drive truck and am only home every 12 days.

Thank you for the help !
The script don't change any settings about barbarians. It just add some at the beginning of the game. So that's normal to get barbarian units in your game ... you should try the original civ4 putting my barbarian settings at maximum. you will see the difference ;)

Any other option that concern the map generation like goodies work fine with 3.19 (everything but the "game option" tab in the screen).

I still don't know how to fix that with patch 3.19 . I hope before my holidays.

Tcho !

Sto... is it because they moved some things into the the dll that your script has changed before but now can't? But with mods... it uses the mod files to change the settings after? So maybe it needs to be a mod instead of just a script?

Sto... is it because they moved some things into the the dll that your script has changed before but now can't? But with mods... it uses the mod files to change the settings after? So maybe it needs to be a mod instead of just a script?

That's right this part is more a mod-comp than a script. But at the beginning, i didn't want to have to merge to mod comp to every mod i would like to play. And like i played only MP games and I hadn't the skill to do an interface to check settings for other players, I've done that this way.

The code for game options don't work with the patch 3.19 because they removed a function entirely (python and SDK). I believe this is a part of the OoS fix.

I've already found another way to do that but i have no time to test it yet. So I'll do that later.

Tcho !

Love this script and am working on balanced starting resources and player zones after getting frustrated with the default script needing to be regenerated:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326427

I'll take some feedback from the strategy people and upload the config when I am done.

Thank you! That's a good idea. I'll put a link in the first page when you'll get some config in the thread.

Tcho !

Created a config file and played some early games. So far, I like it.

Config file: View attachment 219811, Extract config file to (My Documents\My Games\CivilizationIV Full of Resources).

I have it set to fractal, continents, and hemispheres i think, but it should work fine on any map type.

4 Food random, different for each player, not likely to repeat a food type within a BFC
1 Random Happy Resource, same for each player (they are too unbalanced to allow different one for each)
1 Strategic BC resource different for each player (Copper, Iron, Horse, Stone, Marble).

1 of each Strategic BC resource in the player zone, not guaranteed to have it close to you, and won't add if its already in the player zone, so shouldn't create duplicates other than the starting resource. They are still up for grabs, but shouldn't be totally locked out from a critical resource if you need it.

The forest dump on the start location no longer occurs, since everyone has a good start. Unusable tiles are removed from the BFC. Seems to play good for every start location. No need to regen any start.

Mountain peaks disabled.

I have the goody hut problem too, this time with FFH+Orbis. I suspect a problem with options, since those were crazy for a while. Now only problem I see is with goody huts. I have attached debug files. Cheers!

I have no problem with goody huts.

That may comes from :

_ a bug with my script previously to the goody hut placement that skip it.
_ a problem with OS or version
_ a problem with an hidden option that give you no goodies

Anyway, if you want me to help you please post the 2 debug files.

Spoiler :
How to report a bug :

- please post a zip of "MapGenerationDbg.txt" and "MenuDbg.txt" located in "My documents\My Games\CivilizationIV Full of Resources" with the description of what happened. These 2 debug files are a great help to determinate a bug if I can't reproduce it.

Attachments

• MapGenerationDbg.txt
    130.1 KB · Views: 121
  • MenuDbg.txt
    146.3 KB · Views: 66
Created a config file and played some early games. So far, I like it.

Config file: View attachment 219811, Extract config file to (My Documents\My Games\CivilizationIV Full of Resources).

I have it set to fractal, continents, and hemispheres i think, but it should work fine on any map type.

4 Food random, different for each player, not likely to repeat a food type within a BFC
1 Random Happy Resource, same for each player (they are too unbalanced to allow different one for each)
1 Strategic BC resource different for each player (Copper, Iron, Horse, Stone, Marble).

1 of each Strategic BC resource in the player zone, not guaranteed to have it close to you, and won't add if its already in the player zone, so shouldn't create duplicates other than the starting resource. They are still up for grabs, but shouldn't be totally locked out from a critical resource if you need it.

The forest dump on the start location no longer occurs, since everyone has a good start. Unusable tiles are removed from the BFC. Seems to play good for every start location. No need to regen any start.

Mountain peaks disabled.

The forest dump may still occur. This is on my to do list but I've not done all the starting locations settings i want to do. The starting resources are added after the normalization functions. If i remember well the forests are added during normalizeAddGoodTerrain but they may have fixed that with 3.19. I've not checked that yet.

I have the goody hut problem too, this time with FFH+Orbis. I suspect a problem with options, since those were crazy for a while. Now only problem I see is with goody huts. I have attached debug files. Cheers!

thank you for the logs. I think i got the error. A temporary fix in the attachment. When you play with a mod mod of FfH you can try to rename the mod "Fall from Heaven 2 : Mod name" or copy the mod folder and change the name if there are additional graphics -> so you can have the FfH tab ... but if the mod is version 3.19 you should wait for the FoR update (no barbarians can be added on the unique improvements yet).

Can you tell me if the fix work please ?

Sto, the fix works perfectly. Again, I am deeply grateful for this great script and your outstanding support.

Sto, the fix works perfectly. Again, I am deeply grateful for this great script and your outstanding support.

Great.

The function canHaveImprovement(int, TeamTypes, bool) has been duplicated in the mod with canHaveImprovement(int, PlayerTypes, bool). So like i used -1 instead of TeamTypes.NO_TEAM, it doesn't know what function to use ... I've just replaced -1 for canHaveImprovement, I guess i should replace all -1 in the script with the appropriate argument to prevent these kind of bugs.

Tcho !

Version 3.09 out :
- updated for BtS 3.19 patch.
- removed the "open browser" button -> cause crash with latest(*2) patch.
- replaced all -1 with good attribute like TeamTypes.NO_TEAM to prevent a bug with a mod that duplicate functions and change vars called(previously caused a bug that prevent goodies to appear).

@ peppe1 : perhaps should you put your configs in the first post of the strategy thread so you can centralize and update them. That may also encourage people to follow the discussion. I'll put a link after.

Tcho !

I noticed that when I do advanced start that No Lairs and No Unique Features (playing FFH obviously) also show up as game options although I didn't check them. I'm not sure if this is new the 3.19 version or not as I hadn't been using advanced start before. Is this suppose to be happening?

version 3.10 out :
- moved the call for improvement functions when the game is advanced start (that caused goodies and fhh improvements to be skipped).

I noticed that when I do advanced start that No Lairs and No Unique Features (playing FFH obviously) also show up as game options although I didn't check them. I'm not sure if this is new the 3.19 version or not as I hadn't been using advanced start before. Is this suppose to be happening?

Thank you for the notice. The bug has been fixed.

Tcho !

Top Bottom