[Map Script] LandMasses

I red many posts about this script. The features are exciting really. But when I tried it, it was not practical. As long as I understand, you select 1 of 5 scripts. And you cannot run with all features at the same time. One method is defined in your "readme" files. First creating an all greassland and then etc. etc.
Using only 1 of 5 scripts doesn't help me, create a world as i like. What do you recommend?
If there isn't a method to work all 5 features at teh same time, is it possible for you to combine all 5 in a script again?
ANd what can you say about the map generating performance/time? I have a pc not much new. Athlon 2800 and 1 GB RAM, and a mean graphics card. Normally how long should it take to generate a huge-size world?

yeah bro when you combine all the subscripts under one over-script i will feature you in modcast, i promise. this method you have is impractical and you need to just do some more code work to get it nice ;)

I red many posts about this script. The features are exciting really. But when I tried it, it was not practical. As long as I understand, you select 1 of 5 scripts. And you cannot run with all features at the same time. One method is defined in your "readme" files. First creating an all greassland and then etc. etc.
Using only 1 of 5 scripts doesn't help me, create a world as i like. What do you recommend?
If there isn't a method to work all 5 features at teh same time, is it possible for you to combine all 5 in a script again?
ANd what can you say about the map generating performance/time? I have a pc not much new. Athlon 2800 and 1 GB RAM, and a mean graphics card. Normally how long should it take to generate a huge-size world?

You need to run the modules script to combine all 5 sets of features at once.

I don't know how it will perform on your computer. I personally work on the idea that you'll only be generating a huge map once per game so one long load time is acceptable. It doesn't take my machine a minute to generate maps larger than huge (but not much larger) but how it compares to yours, I don't know.

yeah bro when you combine all the subscripts under one over-script i will feature you in modcast, i promise. this method you have is impractical and you need to just do some more code work to get it nice

The single script versions exist elsewhere in this thread, I think, but are very susceptible to crashes on BtS. It'll probably be a while before I try to recombine them.

I'm at the stage where I've a rough idea how each world will look based on the settings and don't need to spend much time experimenting with different combinations. I can appreciate how it could be impractical if you don't know what settings you want to use in the first place.

Once I installed Python and reloaded the game, the options appeared correctly, and I do not see a big problem with, in effect, setting up 4 premliminary games in a row, to set parts of the map script. However, I have "more forest" checked, but I am getting little or no forest. I'm not sure why.

It's been brought to my attention that the seafood resources aren't being placed properly. I'm not able to run CivIV on this machine so I'd be wary of posting an updated bonuses script. Fktest PM'd me with an alternative piece of code that should fix the problem. The following code change is for the script LandMassesBonuses.

fktest:
first of let me thank you for your fantastic work with the landmasses script, me and my friends enjoy your map-script very much. However in all the games the sea resources like fish etc. we're missing. After looking at the python file, I was able to find what seems to cause the problem for us.

In line 452ff you are getting the plot indices for the plots in the cross around the current water tile but you never seemed to use it. Instead the plot type check is run against the water tile itself and therefore always failed. I changed it like this and it seems to solve the problem for us (starting from line 452):

Code:
Inew = GetNewTileIndex(I, i)
if Inew == -1:
continue
[b]NewPlot = cymap.plotByIndex(Inew)
NewPlotType = NewPlot.getPlotType()
if NewPlotType == PlotTypes.PLOT_LAND or NewPlotType == PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS:[/b]

I just wanted to let you know, maybe you can take a look at it and integrate it in case you can confirm..

The first two bolded lines are missing from the code. The last bolded line is present but needs to be adjusted to the above.

If I remember Python correctly, the indentation used in the code is purely cosmetic, but just in case it's not; all of the above lines are at the same level of indentation except for "continue" which is indented further to the right.

Thanks fktest.

Edit: I've checked this and a) seafood resources weren't being placed outside of the fat cross of starting cities (a seperate piece of code places extra resources next to starting settlers), and b) after making the above changes, maps generated do place sea resources in tiles other than those next to starting settlers.

If you could upload the fixed version, that would be nice. Python indentation is the only one that is NOT cosmetic, and that is probably why I have failed in my attempts to apply this change and get a working mapscript.

I can't seem to figure this one out. :(

I've generated a Landmasses map, for instance, but then I don't have the Lands option in the Modules script. Is this supposed to work a different way?

I've looked a bit in the code and I've seen that the modules script has something about options and one of them is Lands, but they don't show up in the game interface.

Is there a conflict with certain mods?

Top Bottom