1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map seed sticky for good maps?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by essmene, Oct 25, 2016.

1. essmene

essmene Warlord

Hi,

I just got a bit annoyed with weird map starts and I was wondering if there could be a sticky with nice map seeds - maybe with a short description / screenshot.

Captain Kilgore and pjcivio like this.
  2. finejam

finejam Chieftain

I think this is a very good idea!
    Anybody with good/perfect starting locations willing to share the seed number?

Cheers,
    Niko

3. Captain Kilgore

Captain Kilgore Chieftain

Agreed, we really need one going

4. kfoelsch

kfoelsch Chieftain

I like this idea. Here's my all time hottest start so far:

Huge inland sea (legendary, wet, abundant) - start as Saladin with 5 AI players.
    You end up starting next to a line of three spice and there is lots of other stuff nearby. You start close to the coast, on the west edge of the sea.

What should the format for map seed descriptions be?

Also - has anyone figured out how to "swap" in with another civ in the same location? Is that possible? If so, how? I tried selecting the Germans... but ended up on the opposite edge of the map, and in a different place entirely when I set the AI players to distinct powers instead of just the usual random assortment.

5. MosheLevi

MosheLevi Prince

Another option would be the ability to save any random map we like so we can replay it again at a later time.

6. essmene

essmene Warlord

The problem with seeds is that map settings and seeds affect the outcome.

At this time I think a mod would be cool that would gather all options into a single import /export string.

7. kfoelsch

kfoelsch Chieftain

@essmene: I like the idea of being able to gather all options into a single export string. Much friendlier.