Map/terrain graphics issue

MatteM

Prince
Posted this in quick modding questions a few days ago, but not sure how many regularly browse that one.

Hi, I am modifying Genghis Kais giant earth map as a basis for my mod, however I am getting this graphical glitch specifically at the edge of the map, some sort of shadow effect:

Does anyone know what causes this? I have been working with the map in the excel map editor called Civ4 YAME

I did try to search the forums but could identify any threads about it specifically unless I missed it somewhere.

I could be wrong, but isnt it when the map is too big? Some sort of memory leak? I remember getting something similar when trying to test the limits for my colossal map size.

That might be related to it, the size is 217x119, so its pretty big. I tried loading up an even bigger map and the same problem turned up.

I tried editing the worldsize in the map file to "Gigantic" instead of "Huge", which seems to be the default, no effect. Would adding a new map size to worldinfo.xml make a difference you think?

Edit: I did some experimentation, I created a new world size "enormous" 240x160 tiles, in latitude, the graphical error affected 35 tiles, in my other map, 12 tiles in latitude were affected, which means anything above 205 tiles in width seems to produce the shadow tiles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom