• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

massing units

laughingman12

Chieftain
If you are at War and you generally want to mass units how do you do it?

I was playing a multiplayer game and this guy basically mass swordsman.

Building vast amounts of a single unit is not usually a good idea. In your case, a group of shock promoted Axemen will have torn through those swordsman.

Anyway, what do you mean when you say "How do you do it?" :confused: You just build lots of units...

Building vast amounts of a single unit is not usually a good idea. In your case, a group of shock promoted Axemen will have torn through those swordsman.

Anyway, what do you mean when you say "How do you do it?" :confused: You just build lots of units...

Do you guys draft or emphasize production?

Both

You whip (slavery) a unit, then while waiting for the whip-:mad: to go away in your city you work :hammers:-heavy tiles, then you whip again... If need units really badly you can stack the :mad: too, but this is only good in emergencies.

You can also help it along with some chopped trees, tho i usually prefer to save the trees for a better use than units...

There are some good articles on how (and when) to whip to get the best out of it, use overflow... I think the basics are also covered in Sisiutils beginners guide.

The way I do it is to just focus on producing units in multiple cities. You will soon have a stack of them. And, like a previous poster suggested, it's best to vary the units a little bit. I throw a couple of Axemen, Spearmen, and Chariots in my Swordsmen stack.

Cheers.

You'd be surprised how quickly you can form a SoD just by focusing on it. That early in the game, all you really need is a granary and barracks (and the barracks can be cut if you arn't aggressive if you can't wait) and then just make units. In a current game I'm playing, I wiped out my only neighbour in the BCs and didn't make many more units so I wouldn't have to pay for units I couldn't use. When I did meet the other civs and teched astronomy I focused on building untis and quickly went from being one of the last in power to one of the leaders.

What ever you focus your nation on, units, reserach, culture, you can achieve it fairly quickly.

Top Bottom