Max affinity leaders Pictures

durfal

The Dutch Daredevil
I'm a bit underwhelmed by how the leaders look at max Supremacy and Harmony.

Here a link I found made by Ataru13 with all maxed out affinity pictures of all leaders. http://imgur.com/a/LJNSx

The Purity ones look all fine, because being human is what they wanted and stayed during the game.

Of the Supremacy ones, only Barre and Kozlov "look enhanced". Kavitha's eyes are a bit creepy at max supremacy but that is all.

The Harmony ones are really underwhelming. Since cities/units change a lot in Harmony I expected more then some small green spots and some loose wires on the head for the leaders. For people who enhanced themselves with alien dna they still look very human to me. These max harmony affinity pictures I would have halfway and then go a lot wilder in skin color and eyes for example.

I have convinced myself that Firaxis was just testing the waters with the minor changes and that after gaining the public's reaction, they'll expand on it more. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Not based on any actual information, just want to believe that leaders will become more interesting.

That said, I was hoping to see some real changes. Robotic arms, terminator half-faces, claws, scales. Go nuts Firaxis! This is your chance to do something crazy and wild and for it to be a good thing! Let's see what you got!

And tails. Tails would be fantastic. The options are endless.

in the end it just looks like a palette shift, with some very minor alterations. a shame, expected more.

I have to agree that I was surprised at how subtle and negligable the changes to leader art are.

When I read in the pre-release journalism that leader appearances would change from affinity I was expecing full-spuremacy leaders to be a brain-in-a-jar on top a a robotic body, and full-harmony leaders to be a green skinned snake-blob with flowers instead of hair... or something along those lines. Not just a different hat.

I am under the impression that Harmony doesn't infuse alien dna with human. Just making minor modifications to human DNA to be able to live in this new planet, as if it's Earth.

But yeah I would like also a little more obvious changes on the leaders according to their affinity.

Barre is Minecraft Steve in iron armor

I am under the impression that Harmony doesn't infuse alien dna with human. Just making minor modifications to human DNA to be able to live in this new planet, as if it's Earth.

But yeah I would like also a little more obvious changes on the leaders according to their affinity.

Pretty much agree with you, whereas Harmony uses pure 100% Xenomass to make bioware augmentations, Purity would use pure human organs.

I can actually see it now the reasoning behind hybrid affinities

Purity/Harmony: Basic research into the already established bionic/Genetic mapping of Purity's augmentation of the human genome, perfected genes from native lifeforms improves certain aspects of the already superior human form.

Purity/Supremacy: Introduction of nanorobotics into the bionics allow for improved coordination and synchronization of bionic implants, greatly improving efficiency and lifespan of the colony.

Harmony/Purity: By removing undesirable elements within xenomass augmentation using genetic research, the potential of the planet's lifeforms can be improved dramatically.

Harmony/Supremacy: If we can improve ourselves with cybernetics, why not the planet as well? We have introduced limited augmentation of the lifeforms so they can enjoy the same benefits of technologies as we do.

Supremacy/Purity: Despite research into augmentation and uploading, certain inferior humans despite being willing to improve themselves could not, advances in genetics and bionics offer an effective way counter the shortcoming

Supremacy/Harmony: Despite our separation from biological technology, we ask ourselves this: If we can improve ourselves, why we cannot improve the planet's lifeforms to become as effective as we are? We are now augmenting the native wildlife so they can be as adaptive as our species.

Plus, remember Zhakarov's note on genetics:

"Remember, genes are NOT blueprints. This means you can't, for example, insert "the genes for an elephant's trunk" into a giraffe and get a giraffe with a trunk. There are no genes for trunks. What you can do with genes is chemistry, since DNA codes for chemicals."

SMAC was just a billion times beyond this.

In BE, affinities just seem to effect what colour of dye is used for clothing.

SMAC was just a billion times beyond this.

In BE, affinities just seem to effect what colour of dye is used for clothing.

Huh? If you're talking about social policies/gameplay actions resembling what would come out of the affinities then ok, but cities or leaders didnt change at all in smac.

i think that they could do something richer nonetheless. More blue spots/glowing eyes for harmony, better cloth fabrics/deaged leaders for purity, more robonecks/paleskin for supremacy

Do not underestimate human desire to look pretty.

It makes sense that none of the leaders would not want to look like "freaks".

Check how Elodie, Hutama or Kavitha have barely visible their interface nodes in case of supremacy, or their "adaptation" nodes in case of harmony.

On the other hand Barre, as people person, has more pronounced look. Same for Kozlov.

Top Bottom