1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Maydrock's_PBEM_1

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Maydrock, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Ok, thanks for the heads up 1889. I will put a post up for a replacement, that should give enough time for you to let new player transition smoothly.

2. Klammi

Klammi Warlord

I'm interested in joining the game, if there is still the chance.

3. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

Klammi, there is currently a 100% chance of joining this game. I've emailed you so as soon as we get in touch I can send you all the goodies.

4. Klammi

Klammi Warlord

everything went fine, I got the turn and sent it to Mighty Dwaarf.

5. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Welcome to the game Klammi and kudos goes out to 1889 in helping us keeping the game up and running.

I forget who is before Klammi in the turn, but remember to make sure it goes to the right person. As soon as Klammi sends me the email address he wants to use, I'll email a new contact list to everyone.

6. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

New email contact list distributed.

Edit: Also, I got an email from MD saying Klammi sent the wrong turn; 3200BC instead of 3160BC. Mildge can you please manually send 3160BC to Klammi. Thanks.

Edit: Edit: Klammi remember to change your personal information under "options" -> "player info" in game. Thanks, thanks.

7. mildge

mildge Chieftain

Just sent 3200 sent to Klammi! Should of read the message closer! 3200BC is the last turn ive played i havent recieved 3160

8. Mighty Dwaarf

Mighty Dwaarf Ginger Beast

Somebody somewhere should have 3160BC which is the current turn. 1889 sent Klammi 3200BC, probably to check out the current game situation etc, but this is not the current turn, which has caused some confusion.

9. Fuel68

Fuel68 Chieftain

Sorry guys. I was gone for the weekend when I received the turn on Saturday from Big Deezy. Current turn (3160BC) is in play...

Turn 3160BC received from Big D, played,...

& sent off to mildge

10. mildge

mildge Chieftain

3160bc played and sent to klammi

11. Klammi

Klammi Warlord

passed to Mighty Dwaarf

12. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Turn 23 (3120 BC) in play.

13. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Turn 24 (3080 BC) in play.

14. Klammi

Klammi Warlord

played and sent

15. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Sorry klammi, just noticed I never added you to the player list in the OP.

Welcome aboard!!! :crazyeye:

16. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

Turn 25 (3040 BC) in play. [party]

We will stay pre v3.13 compatible until everyone has posted they have upgraded.

17. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Does it make a difference? We are playing warlords remember..

18. Maydrock

Maydrock Prince

My understanding is as with the previous patch 3.03, it does some updating to the vanilla and warlords files. So, everyone needs to have a dual install for now if upgrading to 3.13 until everyone has it to keep the game running.

19. Fuel68

Fuel68 Chieftain

I'm very apprehensive about the latest patch to BtS.

According to one of my other PBEM game facilitators---of which I have a great deal of respect to his understanding of game mechanics & details---here's his recent experience in updating it:

"The v3.13 patch for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword (BtS) was released yesterday. Despite being a patch for only BtS, it also modifies core assets of both Civilization IV and Civilization IV: Warlords. Attempting to load a v1.74 Civilization IV or a v2.13 Civilization IV: Warlords game after installing the v3.13 BtS patch will result in an error message about locked assets, and the load will fail. Hence, it appears that you will not currently be able to play any of my games with v3.13 of BtS installed."

I am assuming Maydrock has received a similar email from "heihojin" and he further recommended to his fellow game-participants with the following:

"I would like to assume that Firaxis intends to release patches for Civ IV and Warlords to make those installations compatible with BtS, but I no longer trust them to do anything that makes sense. It is clear to me that Firaxis is completely oblivious to the needs of their customers.

I still need to do some experimentation before I make any policy decision regarding my games. Here is what I need from you now:
    1. If you own BtS and have not yet installed the v3.13 patch, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL IT.
    2. If you own BtS and have already installed the v3.13 patch, you will likely have to do a complete uninstallation and reinstallation of Civ IV and Warlords to play your turns in my games. If this is going to cause problems, please let me know.
    3. Please tell me if you own BtS. If you do not own BtS, please let me know if and when you are planning to purchase it."

With that said, I'm going to wait & read the forums further. The patches of late have a lot to be desired for and from what I'm hearing & reading, this recent one is mucking things up for us PBEMers. I'll be in my holding pattern until someone comes with a workable solution.

20. Fuel68

Fuel68 Chieftain

With regards to my previous post, YES it sure does matter.