6) Era: ancient
7) Speed: normal
8) Resources: standard
9) No technology trading
10) No duplicate civilizations
11) Time victory condition removed
12) Difficulty level: noble

Commitments/Agreements:
1) This game will take a very long time, probably years. Make sure you are willing/capable of such a commitment under normal circumstances.
2) Check your email once/day. (Twice/day is preferable)
3) Once you receive a save game file, play your turn and forward within 24 hours.
4) Play to the bitter end. Please "put the shoe on the other foot" when making decisions.
5) Check this thread regularly for updates.
6) If you are going to be unavailable for more than 24 hours, let me know via email or private message. As I said, this is going to be a very long game; everyone is going to go on vacation, etc.
7) Upon receiving a save game file, reply to the sender that you received the file with carbon copy to me within 24 hours of receiving the email.
8) If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of forwarding the game, send me an email letting me know of that fact.
9) If you do not use the in game mail forwarding and manually send an email with the file attached, then carbon copy me.
10) After a few turns and I see the game progressing smoothly, I might relax 7, 8, and 9; but reserve the right to re-institute as I see needed.
11) Always put “Clash of the Demigods” in the header of your emails.
12) If you will be away for 72 hours or more, get a replacement to play your turn while your away. You need to get your replacement's email address to the player whose turn is before you so they can forward to the correct person. Any questions, please let me know.

Rules:
1) No declaration of war prior to 3500 BC.
2) No in game deals or communications prior to meeting. After that anything goes.
3) I don't know of anyway to stop cheating, so I am not going to waste my time on it. If you think it is cheating, then don't do it. If you actually made a mistake, then reload.
4) Be courteous to your fellow players out of game.
5) If you choose a random leader/civilization, then let me know the results after you have forwarded your first turn. This is considered public information.

If you would like to join:
Private message me a request with the following information:
1) Your CFC username
2) Your email address
3) Your leader preference - I will try to keep the original post updated with taken civilizations as best I can. If I decide to let you in the game then choice of leader will be given base on time stamp of private message. You must give me a leader name or "random" to confirm a spot. Give me your first 3 choices in case your first choice gets taken and you don't want to loose out to later time stamps for your second or third choice.
4) Physical location relative to GMT time zone
5) Password for your turn; this way if something happens and you can not play anymore, I can try to get a replacement
6) smtp server address

Please do not post the above information in this thread. You may only request a spot for yourself.

I am looking for players with experience equivalent to noble or starting to play(few months) prince level in SP and no to minimum MP experience. This is the level I am at and to fairness and fun for all, everyone should be about the same experience level. I will delay the game for a reasonable period of time to get the players that fit these conditions. I will spend time reviewing your posts at CFC to get a feel for your playing experience and to evaluate whether I feel you are capable of completing the game.

Although it is possible it might not happen; you should expect and plan on playing in a hostile world with more enemies than friends.

The game will begin as soon as I have 8 confirmed players. I will send out an email with everyone’s email address at that time. My goal is to complete 2 full turns/week.

And last but not least; this is my first time organizing a PBEM game, please be understanding of the learning curve for hosting.

Thanks for your interest and here's to finding a group that is compatible,
Maydrock

When are you going to begin? I would gladly join, just have to buy Warlords...

The game is about full. Can I get everyone to post what time of day you normally play? It will help me schedule order of play and hopefully make the turns go a bit faster.

The game is about full. Can I get everyone to post what time of day you normally play? It will help me schedule order of play and hopefully make the turns go a bit faster.

Generally, evenings and weekends, buggers won't let me play at work, scandulous. :cry:. At the moment Monday nights and Sunday mornings are good as girlfriend is out/unable to nag me for spending hours on my computer playing silly games!!! :rolleyes:

These are GMT +0 times.

At the moment Monday nights and Sunday mornings are good as girlfriend is out/unable to nag me for spending hours on my computer playing silly games!!! :rolleyes:

These are GMT +0 times.

If you spend hours on this game I might be out of my league ;)

Just to let everyone know, I am going to give a few more days for the 8th player to show. My weekends currently are Thursday and Friday. So, either way the latest launch date will be next Friday. Two weeks is plenty of time for anyone that is really interested to sign up. I was hoping for 8 so land would be a little bit scarce, but based on the requests I got, I think the 7 will make a good group.

Just to let everyone know, I am going to give a few more days for the 8th player to show. My weekends currently are Thursday and Friday. So, either way the latest launch date will be next Friday. Two weeks is plenty of time for anyone that is really interested to sign up. I was hoping for 8 so land would be a little bit scarce, but based on the requests I got, I think the 7 will make a good group.

Sounds good to me, if you were wanting land to be scarce you could always adjust the settings slighty???

I'd play, but I have no 'real' MP experience, I have played a few hotseat games with a younger friend, but he doesn't have much commitment..

But you said no to inexperienced MP'ers..
To note: I am about on Noble I think, just started Prince I believe (Haven't played in a bit too much modding. :p)
But I REALLY want to play against someone even if I get wupped..

I was basing my estimates off the HOF size matrix. (4 to 7 civs for small, 6 to 10 civs for standard). On noble difficulty I was thinking a civ could maintain about 6 cities prior to currency and CoL and maintain a good research rate. I figured on standard map 8 civs would probably get about 4 maybe 5 good city sites before starting to feel land was gone. So it would allow eveybody to establish solid economies, but at the same time feel a little hungry for land. 7 civs on small would probably only allow 2 to 3 good city sites prior to war. If someone took one city from a civ, it would be hard to rebound. I was hoping for good solid sustained wars.

Just saw your post Mat when I made my last post. I said I wanted players with little MP experience ("none to minimal"). Send me PM with your with your info. I'm headed off to work now, will look at it in the morning. Sorry, guess my wording was akward.

Hmm, reading back I guess I misread it, sorry. :blush:

Sending you a pm..

OK, gents, the game is full with our final contestant being GeneralMatt playing Julius Ceasar. *makes note to delete iron on map*:D

As some of you know and others don't; my company has me on the road right now. So last night was my first night of the work week, starting with 4 hours of travel and then concluding with a 14 hour shift, so it might take me awhile to recover and get everyone's info in order to generate the game. If all else fails, my next weekend is Thursday and Friday, so at the latest I will have the game out by then.

There is still a few pieces of info I need from various players, some say I have it and probably do, just have to dig through old emails and pm's.

Also, urb you still have a few more days to pick a specific leader if you like. There were two players who expressed interest in playing the English and I wouldn't mine playing Cyrus, but; with the company that I am in I believe I need the financial crutch.

Good luck to all, hope everyone has a good time, and see you on the battlefield,
Maydrock

With a blinding flash of green light the searing pain rips across your temples; staggering you fall to your knees to maintain your balance. You are dazed, confused; illusions flash before your eyes. What trickery is this!?

Long rolling dunes of sand turn into mountains that reach the sky. The mountains melt and turn to lakes contorting the landscape only to be swallowed by vast oceans. In the maelstrom you fight to maintain your sanity and your self-awareness. What seems like an eternity the chaos eventually subsides and you regain your footing. Looking around you can only see the blackness and a few lesser beings groveling at your feet.

"What is thy bidding master?"
"Master?..."
Yes...yes indeed...your thoughts become more coherent.

THE CURSE!!!

CURSED, banished to the abyss, never to return, yet again.
Caught in trickery and deceit, the eternal game of the gods! Stricken down yet again on your rise to your ordained throne and power.

Yes, you have been here before. There is a way out...a GATE! Many paths to the gate...but only one may pass.

You peer into the blackness...eager to find what awaits you...this time.

OK, gents, the game is full with our final contestant being GeneralMatt playing Julius Ceasar. *makes note to delete iron on map*:D

Oh no you don't. :p I will need all the help I can get!
Well, I have never played Caesar before (Well maybe a little once, but it was an industrial age start).
I normally can't pull myself away from Elizabeth..
But to get a little experience, I started a single player game with Julius, Prince, fractal etc. Started on an island, already built the Great Wall and Pyramids, and just about to hook up to some Iron and go teach the Incas and there archers some lessons..

Got Warlords :) I couldn't really decide which civ to play, until I saw your choices... almost everybody is financial. So I thought about Genghis Khan, to teach you accountants a lesson - but I realized that on shuffle map I can get almost everything. Including some small island in the middle of nowhere. Too risky. So why not taking financial as well?? That's how I choose Hannibal.

And about playing time - Best time for me, as I mentioned, are evenings but I'm a student (two more years) so I can play at almost any time (also mornings). And I'm GMT+1. That's why I think that it will be best if you put me right after guys from US (unless you got someone from Asia).

Hmm, yes time wise.. I am normally on in the afternoon, so that would be New York time, not sure what +/- that is..

I thought of picking Hannibal (He is fun. ;) ) But wanted to try Imp/Org with praets..

Just sent out some pm's for info I am missing. Also sent out test emails.

Changed #11 to the Commitments/Agreements section of the OP.
Please header all correspondence with "Clash of the Demigods" now.

Thx,
Maydrock

Top Bottom