1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mech Walker 3-23-05

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by bhiita, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Level

Level Chieftain

Yah I’m back now, I’ve been “kind of” back for a while but I haven’t been able to do very much because I don’t currently have a 3D editor and while I was gone one of my brothers got and installed Conquests then got married and moved out taking it with him, now I can’t find it at anyplace around here.

Neomega the Pentagenesis mod looks really cool; I’ve already downloaded it even though I can’t play it.

bhiita do you have any other cool units? (I wish I could search)

2. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

:hmm: other cool unit's.... that's a tough one, I have amassed quite a few experiments and half finnished projects that I think are cool, such as my unfinished deathglider and f-302 from stargate (see attachments), but the only other completed animations that I think are cool are the Hunter Killer and the Mothership which has some palette troubles, but cool animations :)

...there are a couple more, but I guess I should just make list in the artist unit library :)

Attached Files:

3. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

Great stuff. I remember you were doing some short of aircraft. Is that your avatar and is it done?

Edit: I think I may have...spoken prematurelly on that. Anyway, hope you'll complete those soon enough. Not that you got to if you don't want or can at the moment.

4. JavalTigar

JavalTigar Overlord of the West

please complete the deathglider and the 302! I just spent 10 mins seaching to see if you had completed it, only to find out it was still in developement.
    They are wicked and you keep teasing us by having it as your avatar. :cry:

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Agreed.... :( But those incomplete units are still darn cool though...

6. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

err.... sorry about the futile 10 min search. I'll finish them at some point I think.

7. DepartmentalCat

DepartmentalCat Chieftain

Cool... It's great!

8. rabidpoodle221

rabidpoodle221 Chieftain

RRL RRL great unit bhiita!!!!!
    I'm trying to use it, I used Colonel Kraken's tutorial for units, and used it properly, but anytime I try to build it in my city, it says i'm missing a .INI file!!
    Help! I barely know what a .INI is!! [pissed]

9. Neomega

Neomega Chieftain

10. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Chieftain

Sorry it took so long to be able to put together the promised sounds for this unit.
    This "Update" includes:
    *FidgetVictory.flc for those wanting a fidget and or Victory.
    *Adjusted Default/flc...mainly to correct the missing pixels for the
    Gun Barrels and "rendering glitches".
    *Civ Specific M1_Mech_units_32.pcx
    *Sounds:
    M1_Run.wav
    M1_Fortify.wav
    M1_Fidget.wav
    M1_Attack.wav
    M1_Death.wav
    M1_Victory.wav
    *Adjusted M1 Mech.ini

Note: After a great deal of effort and many experiments, All sounds Created for the Run.flc play twice most of the time in the game...(two steps in 22 frames of animation). Although the enclosed Run sound will play twice sometimes due to the lack of having a .amb file, the Unit and Run sounds are rather "personified" so the Run sound will not matter so much when it plays twice on some squares. I had many "Mech Step" type sounds but all sounds play twice most of the time for the Run... so I hope the "personified" Run Sound will work for most of you.

Big Thanks to bhiita for Creating this Great Unit!

...enjoy

here is the Update Zip:

Attached Files:

11. bhiita

bhiita Chieftain

great! :goodjob:

can't wait to check 'em out

and @rabidpoodle221, if you're still having trouble PM me and I'll try and help the best I can... it's pretty simple though :)

12. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

Those sounds are really cool - I'm gonna use them in my own projects too - if you don't mind (with credits too, of course :) )

13. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Chieftain

Glad you like the sounds aaglo :) ...feel free to use anything I upload for what ever you want. Even if that wasn't my standard policy, after all the units that you have created and I enjoy in my game, You are especially welcome. I think bhiita did a Great job on this M1 Mech and hope the sounds also meet with his approval. I would have preferred "Mech Step" type sounds for the Run flc but game playback factors prevented my being able to use them. I am using the M1 Mech as a more advanced Unit Upgrade for Level's "Mech Walker".