irishish27

Chieftain
Hello all,

I am attempting to merge the Tech Era Limit Mod into the BAT 4.1 Mod. The Tech Era mod only has 2 asset files included with it:

CvGameUtils.py

PythonCallbackDefines.xml.

The instructions for merging the Tech Era mod with other mods, as per the ReadMe file included with the Tech Era mod, say that if those files do not exist within the mod I am attempting to merge with, that I should just copy and paste its 2 asset files into the proper places in the merging mod. I did this process, copying and pasting those two files into the BAT mod, and it will not work. When I attempt to load the mod, the loading screen with the progress bar just disappears and nothing happens.

When merging these two files with a mod that also has these two files, you need to go into the xml or py file and edit/add the changes made from the Tech Era mod version of the files. In reality, it is only a few lines of difference; not too much to change at all. I actually did this process when merging the Tech Era Limit mod with the Giant Earth Map mod, and it worked like a charm.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding this matter. Or perhaps those two files exist in the BAT mod in some capacity or another, but are called something else, and I need to add the lines like I did with the GEM mod. Or perhaps that when copying and pasting the py and xml files, they must go into a specific sub-folder (when I did it, I just pasted them into the general folder for each file: I pasted the CvGameUtils file in the 'Python' folder, but not any of the folders within the 'Python' folder, such as 'BUFFY', 'BUG', "Contrib'... ect. Same situation with the XML folder).

I would also like to note that I am not an experienced modder by any means, and that I am not exactly 'literate' when it comes to this stuff. On the same note, I am not a complete idiot, and generally can figure things out with a little direction. If anyone could help me out, or point me in the right direction, it would greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom