[MESOPOTAMIAN]: Temple of Marduk

Prestidigator, have you thought about creating a texture file which shows cities with Fertile Crescent graphics like Warlords does for East-Asian and Greco-Roman cities?

Prestidigitator said:
Actually it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Baalism, it was actually one of buildings that gave the city of Babylon its holy connotation to itself and its ancient inhabitants.
I will be creating some other Mesopotamian temples/buildings and Ziggurats, however it will only be related to either Babylon, Sumeria or Assyria ;).

Well if you are calling it the Temple of Marduk. Marduk is Baal, or Bel.

Yes, and thank you for proving my point that Bel and Marduk are interchangable, because Marduk is the master over all. Of course they mean different things, but it doesn't say that Marduk and Bel are not the same thing. Even YHWH is referred to Bel. But I would like to know where you got the idea that I said Marduk and Baal/Bel mean the same thing, or are the same name? What I sais is exactly the same as this, Elizabeth is Queen. Oh, perhaps I should look up what Queen means?

Most ignorant people (Christians) refer to Baal as being a calf, but this is Marduk, the solar (golden) calf.

I always thought Baal was a phoenician fertility god like Astarte and bell was a synonymous term linked with Baal but i guess thats down the toilet now.

Prestidigitator said:
Motina, the term 'Bel' in ancient Babylonian means the 'Lord', it literally translates to God in our world. Marduk, who was the one referred to as 'Bel', the Lord of all being, was the supreme god in Mesopotamia, specifically at the time of the Babylonians.

Yes, and thank you again for repeating what I just said. Although I don't know what you mean by 'translates to God in our world'.

Prestidigitator said:
Bel and baal are two different terms that some people wrongly think are the same.

Actually they are the same thing. One is just eastern semetic and the other being western semetic. Bel also occurs in Europe.

ohcrapitsnico said:
I always thought Baal was a phoenician fertility god like Astarte and bell was a synonymous term linked with Baal but i guess thats down the toilet now.

You are right, but it is not just Baal, and I will use this to show that I am right that Baal and Bel are the same. The fertility in Phoenician colonies (Carthage) was Baal Hammon. Baal being used as Lord, and of course the stand alone supreme deity of Phoenicia herself Baal.

Prestidigitator said:
I meant it is just a term, the phoenecians and the Babylonians didn't worship the same god. Bel is a term NOT a name. It is like saying lord, the buddhists call buddha thier Lord, that doesn't mean that we worship their god because we call God Lord.

But where did I say it was though. You are arguing for nothing then. This is why I said Elizabeth is Queen, just like I said Marduk is Bel.

Prestidigitator said:
I was referring to this quote, Motina ;).

Yes, and you misread, and I already explained, I guess you missed it, twice. Oh and you cannot equate Buddha as lord, unlike Bel/Baal. Buddha means to be awakened, or along those lines. Your logical conclusion is flawed because your information is flawed.

Motina said:
Yes, and you misread, and I already explained, I guess you missed it, twice. Oh and you cannot equate Buddha as lord, unlike Bel/Baal. Buddha means to be awakened, or along those lines. Your logical conclusion is flawed because your information is flawed.
Whoa, slow down buddy, why do you jump so suddenly to the offensive big guy? There is no need for you to bash Prestidigitator, I see he didn't answer you which shows how much he doesn't bother with an 8 post member with opinions changing second by second.

He compared buddha because Buddhists worship Buddha, and so ofcourse they refer to him as Lord.
If you aren't happy the guy only creates assets for Mesopotamia I suggest you shut the hell up and leave him, instead of bashing him and degrading his knowledge. It is enough that some people ask him to contribute to their mods and value his historic opinions, at least he didn't change his mind from one post to another. Hell, why do people act so absurdly!

Karam said:
Whoa, slow down buddy, why do you jump so suddenly to the offensive big guy? There is no need for you to bash Prestidigitator, I see he didn't answer you which shows how much he doesn't bother with an 8 post member with opinions changing second by second.

What does a persons post count have to do with anything. Way to commit a logical fallacy. And where does my opinion change by the second. I merely trying to clarify. Oh and your projecting ("offensive big guy").

Karam said:
He compared buddha because Buddhists worship Buddha, and so ofcourse they refer to him as Lord.

Yes, but Buddha does not equal lord, however Bel does. They are not related in one bit. They say Lord Buddha, which if Bel is used would be Bel Buddha, or Buddhabel.

Karam said:
If you aren't happy the guy only creates assets for Mesopotamia..

And where did I say this (or give the impression)?

Karam said:
It is enough that some people ask him to contribute to their mods and value his historic opinions, at least he didn't change his mind from one post to another. Hell, why do people act so absurdly!

Yet, where did I change my mind? I said Marduk is Bel, and I have kept that up the whole time, and clarifying what I meant when I said that. My only fault in saying Marduk is Bel is in failing to be succinct.

First you started off...
Well if you are calling it the Temple of Marduk. Marduk is Baal, or Bel.
And suddenly, what has changed?
Yes, and thank you for proving my point that Bel and Marduk are interchangable
Oh really?
Elizabeth is Queen, just like I said Marduk is Bel.
"Yeah, so I was wrong, let's bash the guy and say he is nothing but a wrong mouth." So you said...
Your logical conclusion is flawed because your information is flawed.

No, you are just showing that yes you are projecting. You accuse my of me hiding the fact that I am wrong (I did say I lack the ability to be succinct), but I am not. This is probably a tactic you use, but I am simply clarifying. And with the last quote you are taking thing out of context from he first two quotes you made, to commit ad hominem. The logical conclusion has to do with him comparing Bel and Buddha, but those words are actually completely different.

Top Bottom