message "foreign cultural victory imminent" completely out of place

king of nowhere

Warlord
I was playing an easy game to get some achievement, and I was shocked when totally out of the blue I got the message "foreign cultural victory imminet: Arabia only needs their culture to become dominant over one more player to achieve a cultural victory", together with "arabia has attracted enough turists to make their culture dominant over yours".
I go check, and I see that arabia has 34 domestic tourists and 4 international tourists. I have 215 domestic and 152 foreign. In fact, I am trying to not win by culture as I am going for the "man on the moon" achievement.
I also got a similar message in another game, except that time I was the one with little tourism and I got a notification that I was close to culture victory; another player got the culture victory maybe ten turns later.
That message is clearly bugged.

I was playing an easy game to get some achievement, and I was shocked when totally out of the blue I got the message "foreign cultural victory imminet: Arabia only needs their culture to become dominant over one more player to achieve a cultural victory", together with "arabia has attracted enough turists to make their culture dominant over yours".
I go check, and I see that arabia has 34 domestic tourists and 4 international tourists. I have 215 domestic and 152 foreign. In fact, I am trying to not win by culture as I am going for the "man on the moon" achievement.
I also got a similar message in another game, except that time I was the one with little tourism and I got a notification that I was close to culture victory; another player got the culture victory maybe ten turns later.
That message is clearly bugged.

If you play Score Victory and have all other kinds of victory switched off, including Cultural Victory, you get also regularely the message "foreign cultural victory imminent......" for an opponent , even if that opponent is already reduced to one city only and you have dozens of cities with all art there is in the world.

I was about to post about this but searched for a previous thread first. Being unfamiliar with the game, I was quite concerned that I might be misreading how a cultural victory works. Given that the OP posted this over a year ago, I would have hoped Firaxis would have hot fixed it by now!

Top Bottom