MGT's Ca$h Cla$$ic #8 revisited

Levi_the_Oracle

Chieftain
MGT's Ca$h Cla$$ic #8

I am pleased to announce that MGT will be sponsoring the MGT CA$h Cla$$ic #8 on Saturday, March 29th at 12:00 (Noon) eastern USA standard time. This is not a ladder tournament. Non-ladder players are encouraged to participate. Ladder players that participate are not expected to report losses from this event.

This event is almost an exact clone of the MGT CA$h Cla$$ic #7

This tournament will be a 200 turn FFA. A FFA event means the game will start in the ancient era and continue until 200 turns has expired or one of the victory conditions is achieved or all the remaining players agree to call the game on score. A FFA means the players are free to make alliances and treaties. Back-stabbing an ally is allowed, so keep a close eye on your enemies, and a closer eye on your friends. Tech trading is allowed, but no tech brokering.

This thread will be used to register players, check players in and post results of matches. Extraneous or off-topic posts will be deleted.

Settings Tab:

Map Pangaea
Size - Small or Standard (detailed later)
Climate - Tropical
Sea Level - Low
Era - Ancient
Speed - Quick
World Wrap - Toroidal
Resources - Balanced

Options Tab (options not listed are to be unchecked):

No Barbarians
No Tech Brokering
No Vassal States
No Tribal Villages
No Random Events

Victory Conditions Tab:
All victory conditions are to be enabled.

Multiplayer Tab (options not listed are to be unchecked):

Simultaneous Turns
Take over AI
Turn Timer - Blazing
Turns - 200
City Elimination - 0

Selection of civs will be random. The number of players, in the first round, will be determined by the number of players that register. If less than 11 players register, this will be a one round tournament. if 11 to 17 players register, they will be divided into two groups by me. If 18 through 23 players register, they will be divided into three groups. 24 through 29 players will be divided into four groups, and so on.

In the case of two groups, the top three points earners will advance to the second round. In the case of three or more groups, the top two players from each group will advance to the second round. The top point scorer in the second round will be the winner.

Players are expected to take screenshots of the game should the need arise to dispute scores. Because this is an open tournament, quitters are to be expected. Players that quit/drop have ten minutes to reappear in the lobby or they will forfeit. Players that drop have ten minutes to rejoin the game. The other players in the game are required to attempt to reload the game once per player with connection issues. Each player gets three drops, a player that drops a fourth time forfeits. Forfeited players will be taken over by the AI unless the players wish to find a sub. Subs may take over for players that quit or drop out, but they are not eligible to win any money, should they happen to win.

Map size will be either small, standard or large depending on the number of players in a given round. If you are in a game with 5 or 6 players, you will play on a small size. If you are in a group of 7 or 8 players, you will play on standard size. Groups of 9 or 10 players will be played on large size.

The winner will receive $100 USD plus an engraved trophy. The winner will need to provide me with a postal mailing address to which I will snail-mail the trophy.

All decisions made by the tournament director (Levi) will be final. Because this tournament is for money and a trophy, I will be ruthless when it comes to players that are argumentative or abusive.

Registration for this event is being done in the civplayers forum at http://league.civplayers.com/forum/index.php?topic=488.0

Trophy for MGT's Ca$h Cla$$ic #7

Thanks for doing this Levi, and I'd be curious to see the results of all the MGT tourneys thus far. Maybe the winners plus runners-up, or whatever.

Top Bottom