Microworld! (32x20 Earth map with 18 Civs)

Junuxx

Emperor
Speaking of crowded: Here is Microworld!
The purpose was to create the smallest possible map that still resembled Earth and could fit all 18 players. As usual with Earth maps, Europe and Southeast Asia have been significantly enlarged.

All 18 civs are featured on this minimal size Earth map. Fast action is guaranteed, survival beyond 3000 BC is not.

Difficulty:
Easiest: Egypt, America, India,
Easy: Germany, Inca, China, Russia, Aztec
Moderate: Mongol, Persia, Spain, France, Mali, Japan, England,
Hard: Rome, Greece, Arab,

Have fun,
Junuxx

Attachments

• Microworld.zip
    5 KB · Views: 1,769
  • MicroworldBTS.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 521
Wov, now that's a real peace of minimalism art! :goodjob: I'll definetly try this map, looks fascinating :crazyeye:

I think the following would actually have fairly decent starting positions:

Mali: Move down and build on the desert
Incas: Build on the Sugar, next to the uranium
USA: Build on the coal

If someone get to australia, the could build right on the desert between the gold and uranium and be set for a while also.

Looks great, how did you get the resources to show like that in your picture?

Keep up the good work!

I'm feeling strange! Maybe you are aware I'm working on the terra map with Flash, but I really feel that I need to try your ultra-micro map. Thanks!

Thanks guys.

@daveyjwin:
I'll consider it. Any ideas how to strengthen Rome/Greece or to tune down Egypt? I think I might give Rome and Greece an obelisk to start with...

@Emper0r:
I took this picture in Mapview.

Played through a game on this map last night. It was great. Played the Chinese. Egypt and Aztec were the other major powers by the time I hit mid ADs but I got to flight first and that was enough to put them back. Great map!!

And you still had room for New Zealand ^.^

Yep, but I forgot to place a hit movie resource :o

Also, hereby my apologies to all civfanatics from Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Iceland, Ireland, Nova Zembla, Fiji, Tasmania, Texel, Guernsey, Sicily, Crete, Cyprus, Ibiza, Sachalin, Mauritius, St. Kilda, Tivalu, Galapagos, Svalbard, Tristan da Cunha and Florianópolis for not representing their islands.

And Florianópolis! (a small island in brazil, where i live).

Great Map (lol). Ill play it when i get home. Just curious, where do russia start?

The Russians start on the open grassland between the Corn and the Wheat.

Junuxx said:
Yep, but I forgot to place a hit movie resource :o

That's an easy fix. Move the wine resource on the North American west coast up one tile (~ Napa/Sonoma counties in northern California) and place the hit movie resource where the wine used to be (~ L.A./Hollywood in southern California). :goodjob:

Actually I meant a hit movie for New Zealand, because LOTR and Narnia were shot there. But Hollywood could get one too I guess. :p

Couldn't resist it... 16x10... Shall I put 6 civs on it? ;)

Attachments

• nanoworld.GIF
    nanoworld.GIF
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,165
Junuxx said:
Actually I meant a hit movie for New Zealand, because LOTR and Narnia were shot there. But Hollywood could get one too I guess. :p
D'oh! Of course! Very good point!!! Definitely squeeze a hit movie resource onto the New Zealand tile then!

I'm gonna have to watch the whole LOTR trilogy again this weekend as pennance... :D

Junuxx - kudos. This map has been host to some of the most wildly entertaining games of Civ I've ever played. I love the fact that the map is so small that just one turn/city capture can dramatically impact your world standing

I say you should make a series of micro maps. Maybe tackle individual continents next?

I love this little map, played as one of the easiest, America, and won a diplomatic victory sometime in the 19th century (prince, epic). Fun game :)

played as isabella and won a cultural 2043 :D , destroyed 5 civs without as much as a shot fired :cool:

Is the even smaller map available for download?

Top Bottom