1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid Game Tech Tree Switch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Khai, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Khai

Khai Warlord

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch tech trees on a civilization by civilization basis mid game when a certain counter threshold is reached?

I'm hoping to use the mechanic for a personal mod I'm making...

2. Popcornlord

Popcornlord Steampunk Mechanic

I don't undersand what you mean by that. Can you explain it a bit better?

3. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

Hmm. I think you want to start a new tech tree as soon as an unique event has been triggered for a Civilization?
    I assume it's possible, but I dont know how..hehe, sorry.

4. Crayton

Crayton King

Do you mean the same as switching what one civilization has researched with what another civilization has researched.

If this is the case then upon triggering the event you should create a temporary array with size equal to the total number of technologies and hold True/False values in that array equal to what Civilization 1 has. Next, you go through Civilization 2's technologies and change Civilization 1 to have an identical copy. Finally, you go back through that temporary array you created from Civilization 1 and you make Civilization 2's technology tree equal what you stored in the Array.

This is possible, yes.