Mil MI 26 (transport helicopter)

nautil

Warlord
I just had to model this monstrous machine - Mil MI 26, the heaviest and most powerfull helicopter in the world, Just to give an idea of it's dimensions - lengh: 33.73m ,height: 8.15m ,main rotor diameter: 32m. It can carry about 85 troopers or 20000 kg gargo inside or 18500 kg suspended.
As for model itself, it was quite easy task, moreover i has only one big rotor. so i had no problem to animate and position it correctly. I made two skins for this unit - one is green camo with russian markings ( red star), second is sand camo, without any markings. Model is about 1250 polys.
Enjoy !

P.S. How to new units guide
P.S.S. F-117 is on its way...

Attachments

• mi26sand.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 598
  • mi26camo.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 606
  • mi26screen.jpg
    mi26screen.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,295
  • mi26render.jpg
    mi26render.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,065
  • polycountmi26.jpg
    polycountmi26.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 414
Dam Nautil :eek: didn't think I was going to see another unit that quick I've only just finished playing with the chinook now i got this one to play with......:crazyeye:

ps the mrs is starting to hate you but she hates everyone that gets my attention and keeps me on the pc ;) :lol: keep em comming :goodjob:

Nice one, Nautil.

You're really dominating the world of aircraft models these days, and your helicopters are excellent work.

Have you considered doing a regular Vietman-era "Huey"?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DANG!!!! man that is good! just one question.. can it carry troops? (inside it and then airdrop, like in civ3) also it would be sweet if paratroopers (BtS) get an extra att. or def. bonus after their dropped off its just an idea... still great unit:goodjob:

hey, cool stuff, but did you know that the new graphic seems to disappear after the turn ends? it reverts to the original helicopter graphic. anyone else see something like this?

You mean that model fades away - becomes invisble, and than fases in and becomes visible?

yes, i have "animations frozen" set. however, the problem i was having is that the helicopter graphic reverts to the original helo graphic (the attack helo from Civ 4) and when u click back on it, it turns into the transport helo graphic. i'll see if unclicking helps. i did notice that on some of the Next War units (namely, the Assault Mech), the unit did turn invisible like asioasioasio said. but that's something entirely different.

That is what I understood your problem to be. Did it go away when unchecking that option ? ;)

OK! it works. I clicked the "animations frozen" thing off. However, you may notice that the actual icon for the "Transport Helicopter" is still the default image for the original Attack Helo. NO biggie there, though. I've incorporated this mod into the Expanded Next War Mod. I find it funny that they can transport Tanks and Assault Mechs though! But it's ok.

I'm currently trying to figure out a mod that allows helos to fly over water. I'm giving the FlyingMod a try but I don't want all that other stuff that comes in it...

That is what I understood your problem to be. Did it go away when unchecking that option ? ;)

That is not really much of a solution IMO. What do you say to people who have very low-end graphics cards and can't do that on huge maps? May not be a problem for you or me, but still...

Chugginator told me that the solution lies in copying the original files (less the replaced ones) to the new unit folder, or something along those lines, so it will use those instead. I forget exactly. Has anyone ever tried that?

Well, afaik that is the only solution available to you. From how I understand it, you would need to fix the unit otherwise.

Top Bottom