Military Academy

I don't go for Military Tradition, I trade for it and then build the MA in my best city besides the capital - I don't want my culture center and productive city spending years on producng armies. Here's a strat i tried one time (and it worked well!):

I was playing as Germany on the world map, and as soon as I built the MA I pumped out armies but didn't fill them. I maxed out at 8 armies, and had them all fortified. Then, I got my Panzers. I set every core city to build panzers, loaded them into my army, and took over the world. :)

~ Brendan

If you play as the Ottomans, the Sipahi UU from Military Tradition is a MUST. Very powerful unit, just like the Russian Cossack.

I actually found a neat way of just skipping military tradition altogether. I basically do everything neccesary to finish the middle ages. Then after getting theory of gravity and getting Newtons university I get steam power then Electricity then skip right to replaceable parts so you get INFANTRY. Which as most of you know requires NO Strategic Resources to build. You then have a Multipurpose unit which is 2x better then Cavalry on Defense and better on Offense. BOOM!! you got Infantry I had no choice but to make a beeline when the section of my territory on the continent I unfortunately discovered had NO COAL and NO SALTPETER!! so was I screwed?? no my friends. Of course this is dependent on whether you have a significant tech lead on your enemies. If you have even a 2 tech lead then you can do it. Once Replaceable parts is done come back immediately to Scientific Method and Build Theory of Evolution. Then research Industrialization so as soon as Theory of Evolution is done you can change to Universal sufferage or go even further and get Electronics to get Hoover Dam. TOE will give you Sanitation and Nationalism (Useless) usually. So if you can spare time REsearch Nationalism just so you can get Communism and Police stations for free. My plan is to then Tackle the Long research road to Mass production and Motorized Transportation then Strengthen my invasion with Tanks and Blockade the seas with Battleships and destroyers. Everybody else is still just getting cavalry and using Frigates and Man o wars.

so thats one path :)

Infantry requires RUBBER --- which is why I denied it to the egiptions and English....
Riflemen require no resources.

Infantry also only move one space per turn. Cavalry have three movement points. If everyone else in the world has infantry, your cavalry are worth little more than scouts (but good scouts!) and are good for picking up those bowmen and swordsmen that are left from the AI not upgrading them. High speed units beat low speed units hands down because they can attack quickly en masse and take over a city, where as infantry ALWAYS have to take at least one turn, usually 2-3, to cross the territory of the enemy before they can attack.

If you rush military tradition you often have cavalry years before the rest of the world does and have plenty of time to use them before even riflemen become popular.

Top Bottom