Military Crossroads

What should we do know?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this result stands, I will commit to a ruling on how this poll should be interpreted. As I read it, we need to repoll the Roman War, who wants to end it right now (decide about Germany later), who wants to go for Cumae only, then make a peace, and who wants to exterminate the Romans.

The outcome of this first poll will determine if a German war is at all plausible, either as a two front war, a war with Germany after a Roman peace or simply retain peaceful relations with the Germans. I suggest two sequenced polls for this.

I say we get Monotheism in a peace settlement with Rome, and trade Feudalism from the Germans.

Whow, that's an inconclusive poll result

There are 5 out of 9 votes for a war, that's positive in my opinion :D

The problem now lies in the fact that we'd need a lot of polls to determine what we really want, and we've only got 1 day to the next turnchat. I'd hate to cancel that TC or move it. Could we play until just before the capture of Cumae (There seems to be enough support for taking Cumae, 5 votes). Then we can determine for the chat after that what we're going to do next.

I say that war against Rome should contiue, but stop when you reach cumae since 4/5 votes for war is also a clear results, and unlikey to be overturned by the people who want peace.

I say we can take Cumae, then stop, since my vote was contigent, Cumae only, then peace. I specified that in my answer. The problem is that the war vote was for the German war bundled in the same poll, something I objected to.

I agree with dutchfire in that we should stop the chat just short of taking Cumae so we can get some progress, but still have time to repoll these war plans seperately and properly.

ok, we fight our way TO Cumae, then we should repoll the Roman War alone.
The outcome of that poll will decide what options should be polled in a second poll for the policies towards Germany.

So I take it you are opposed to attacking the city until only the last defender is left?

alright, cause my thought (and I think dutchfire's as well) was to beat down Cumae so that if we choose Cumae then peace or to finish taking out Rome we will be able to immediately attack and take Cumae as the first action of the next turnchat.

Otherwise this turnchat will only be 2-3 turns (not sure how close our troops are to Cumae right now). Since we'd walk to a tile next to Cumae and then end the chat.

Well go for it. I can see from the voices in the poll here, that most of the people agree that the German question should be in a separate poll, and that we abide by the Cumean war, and then we can poll the peace settlement terms, and those terms would be indicative for the war to end or to continue.

Top Bottom