Milkrun #3 by Space, Emperor this time

a space oddity

Deity
GOTM Staff
Since I made it into the good company of QuarterMasters, it's time to continue my milkrun quest. The first was Regent, the second Monarch, so now it's on Emperor. I decided against skipping a level since my civ time is limited these days.

I chose the Mayans again on a Huge Archipelagan world. I did limit the number of adversaries this time, to see whether it plays different. I have made a good start in this game, so I'm optimistic about achieveing a personal highscore.

Later more in the way of details (I'm not currently on my civvin' machine).

Go go Space! Let's go!:dance: Good luck!:)

Thank you, thank you. *bows*
I'll do my best. I have played more turns in the game instead of posting the details promised... :blush:

What I can say for the time being is that the game is different then my Monarch attempt in that I managed to claim many more luxeries in the early game. I am behind in expansion though, so I'm not sure if I can make up in score. We'll see.

I've read about Svar's collection of games :eek: which are on the shelf in various stages. I can't play like that myself. When I start a game and it goes halfway decent, I'm going to finish it. Maybe foolish seeing the time involved but it's the way it is. I can't even let use Mapfinder for more than one night, when I've decided to play there's always a map decent enough to start (a cow and a river and an agri civ).

This map had an extra: incense. I can't even remember what dom limit it has... :cringe: Hooked to the game? Nah... :lol:

Attachments

• 00000338.jpg
    00000338.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 158
a space oddity said:
I've read about Svar's collection of games :eek: which are on the shelf in various stages. I can't play like that myself. When I start a game and it goes halfway decent, I'm going to finish it. Maybe foolish seeing the time involved but it's the way it is. I can't even let use Mapfinder for more than one night, when I've decided to play there's always a map decent enough to start (a cow and a river and an agri civ).

My playing style does have its advantages. Just today I abandoned my first Deity Huge practice game that I was either going to finish as a Space Race finish or a Diplomatic finish that I have played in it seems like months. The Quatermaster Challenge has diverted my attention. This game was started from a 10 AD save and I played until 650 AD before I abandoned it.

Everything was going according to plan until about 400 AD when the Romans who were the score and cultural leader at the time sneak attacked me. No problem they had lots of valuable wonders I wanted including the Pyramids and I formed alliances with every other Civ in the game against them. Things were progressing smoothly until about 600 AD when the Indians who had become the new 800 pound gorilla signed a peace treaty with Rome after taking about 10 cities. I had a ROP with India at the time and seriously considered doing something about their multitude of units transiting through my territory but didn't. In my Deity Domination game I now remember that I had a Mutual Protection Pact with the 800 pound gorilla. To make a long story short in 650 AD the Indians did a ROP rape and attacked me. There was no recovering from that, they destroyed 1/4 of my available Cavalry units who were on a mountain behind a river when the Indians attacked with mostly Elephants. I lost all but 3 from that stack and the Indians only lost 1 Elephant (they lost 2 other units besides the Elephant). I didn't know Elephants were that powerful.

I just quit the game and reviewed my available options. I still have 11 10 AD saves that can be played as practice games as well as 3 1000 BC saves that should be played to 10 AD before I proceed. The abandoned game wasn't that good anyway I only had 3 luxuries available and all the rest had to be traded. I like 5 luxuries available and all 3 of the 1000 BC saves have at least 4 so those alone are better than the abandoned game.

Good luck with your current game.

P.S. Mapfinder ran from 12 Jan to 7 Mar to find all the Deity games that are currently awaiting time to play the final Huge milk game. I hope I complete before the end of summer, on 8 June I leave for Bowling Green, Ky to pick up my new Corvette and that promises to be a distraction. The distraction starts on 11 June when I leave with the Bowling Green Corvette Club for their Tour of the West as I accompany them back to California.

Svar said:
My playing style does have its advantages.

I'm certain that it does. I admire it in fact. It's the way to get really high scores.

Just today I abandoned my first Deity Huge practice game that I was either going to finish as a Space Race finish or a Diplomatic finish that I have played in it seems like months. The Quatermaster Challenge has diverted my attention.

We noticed. :mischief: Guess why I'm playing this game... :D

This game was started from a 10 AD save and I played until 650 AD before I abandoned it.

Everything was going according to plan until about 400 AD when the Romans who were the score and cultural leader at the time sneak attacked me. No problem they had lots of valuable wonders I wanted including the Pyramids and I formed alliances with every other Civ in the game against them. Things were progressing smoothly until about 600 AD when the Indians who had become the new 800 pound gorilla signed a peace treaty with Rome after taking about 10 cities. I had a ROP with India at the time and seriously considered doing something about their multitude of units transiting through my territory but didn't. In my Deity Domination game I now remember that I had a Mutual Protection Pact with the 800 pound gorilla. To make a long story short in 650 AD the Indians did a ROP rape and attacked me. There was no recovering from that, they destroyed 1/4 of my available Cavalry units who were on a mountain behind a river when the Indians attacked with mostly Elephants. I lost all but 3 from that stack and the Indians only lost 1 Elephant (they lost 2 other units besides the Elephant). I didn't know Elephants were that powerful.

That's painful. The thing going against fast units with cavs is that they can't retreat. My AW experience from the SGs really helps in keeping the losses down, which is a must in those games.

I just quit the game and reviewed my available options. I still have 11 10 AD saves that can be played as practice games as well as 3 1000 BC saves that should be played to 10 AD before I proceed. The abandoned game wasn't that good anyway I only had 3 luxuries available and all the rest had to be traded. I like 5 luxuries available and all 3 of the 1000 BC saves have at least 4 so those alone are better than the abandoned game.

I'm sure one of them will proff golden, I'm glad you're on Deity ATM. :)

Good luck with your current game.
Thanks!

P.S. Mapfinder ran from 12 Jan to 7 Mar to find all the Deity games that are currently awaiting time to play the final Huge milk game.
I'm not the only one using my PC and Mapfinder doesn't work in the background, this limits my possibilties there too. It doesn't really matter, I'm enjoying the game anyway.

I hope I complete before the end of summer, on 8 June I leave for Bowling Green, Ky to pick up my new Corvette and that promises to be a distraction. The distraction starts on 11 June when I leave with the Bowling Green Corvette Club for their Tour of the West as I accompany them back to California.

Have fun with the new wheels! :bounce:

Top Bottom