Ministry of Trade: Meeting Rome

Donovan Zoi

The Return
My apologies for resting on my laurels on this one, but it has come to my attention that we need to consider our meeting of the Romans for the upcoming turnchat.

I have also heard that a possible trade for Alphabet may exist if Rome does not possess the secret of the Wheel yet.

So, the question is:

What, if anything, should we offer alongside the Wheel if this trade exists?

The Trade Ministry would be willing to offer up to 20g in addition to the Wheel for this tech, seeing that Alphabet has a slightly higher value than the Wheel. Tech values courtesy of the Ministry of Science.

What do you think, Japanatica?

Another thing to ponder:

What if Rome has Masonry? If this is the case, the I suggest we leverage it at the same cost since we could likely use it to secure either Mysticism or Alphabet from the Zulus. We should be able to go even trade on it however.

At this point, I would personally favor as much as 40 or possibly even 50 Gold (out of 60-63) to give to Rome for whatever we can get in the way of Techs.

It probably does not need to be said that if we can get gold from the Romans for an even exchange and there are no other techs to trade for, then take the extra gold. (Or any workers since we already have a Zulu worker.)

EDIT: And, yes, if Rome has Masonry, and not Wheel, we might be able to bring it to Babylon or perhaps Zimbabwe in an exchange of 4ths.

For political reasons we should go for alphabet, as the largest political minority on the tech side advocates alphabet. However, we will now if we are to need masonry as soon IW is researched. So we should basically do all we can to achieve alphabet, so we can finetune our strategy into diplomacy (read: writing), satisfy the generously funded lovebirds at the science ministry (See tech tree, soon Riks Family tree) by bringing us closer to literature, or maybe even strengthen a future Babylonian War with a naval landing (map making). I cannot see the same need for masonry right now.

We should also go to some lengths to get alphabeth, as it may be advantageous beyond a greeedy neoclassicist, supply-demand bottom-line cognition. If we could do the first Babylonian trade as we did, we definitively should go far to secure alphabeth. I would go up to 60 gold if need be. But minimize it.

I beleve we should nab the Alphabet and what ever gold they can part with. The Wheel should be used in the trade. If they turn it down, we can try to trade it with a tech :).

Dear Minister of Trade,

The science department supports all actions we can do to obtain techs. The more the merrier. Please keep in mind that according to me and my department a technology is always worth more than any number of gold-dust, of which we currently own around 60, if I'm informed well enough.

Rik

So, if I were to run instructions that basically stated:

Once meeting Rome, secure any possible trade cascades that our 63 gold will allow, with an emphasis on opening tech trade opportunities with the Zulu nation.

Would that be sufficient? It allows the DP to determine the best results, while allowing the Trade Ministry's crystal ball to be stored away for another day.

I agree with your plan Donovan, but also we should reopen negotations with the Babylonians and see if they have anything new.

If the Babs have anything we don't, then that would fall under "Trade Cascades", at least I guess so...

Donovan Zoi said:
So, if I were to run instructions that basically stated:

Once meeting Rome, secure any possible trade cascades that our 63 gold will allow, with an emphasis on opening tech trade opportunities with the Zulu nation.

Would that be sufficient? It allows the DP to determine the best results, while allowing the Trade Ministry's crystal ball to be stored away for another day.
Sounds good to me, If you want I can edit my post in the instructions to include that :).

Top Bottom