1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Minor improvements for Colonization 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by glee, Oct 23, 2008.

1. glee

glee Chieftain

Having played several games, I think these would make the game even better:

- show clearly which Chief is in charge of each Native tribe (to save time)
    - make the World-Map option produce a single continent more often ( get several islands about 25% of the time)
    - widen the gap between the 'Load' and 'Depart' buttons on the Docks screen (F2), to avoid fingerslips
    - check the affability of Native tribes (e.g. Cherokee always offer me a Defensive Pact; Arawaks never do - even after extensive trading)
    - should razing earn money? (as per Civ4)
    - when a Native tribe is at War with you, don't leave its attitude on the F4 screen as 'cautious'!
    - add the Portugese as a flexible option: their Leader, Vasco da Gama, can select any other country's power and any other Leader's ability: e.g. he can have John Adam's Liberty Bell bonus with the Dutch control of markets / merchantman

2. wurrble182

wurrble182 Chieftain

why should the portugese get such a big advantage? :confused:

i think there should be some kind of small indicator on the city screen if there is a building that cannot be built due to lack of tools...its easy to lose track sometimes and a pain to cycle the mouse over practically every building in every town cos you forgot where the tools are needed...

*i mean why cant the building just have a little yellow border around it or something?

**ps if that makes it into the game im taking the credit :D

3. protista

protista Chieftain

I would like to see the ability to play some of the native American or other native tribes. I think this would be a fascinating addition to the program concept. Perhaps someone will enable us to do this via modding?