• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

mirror games

Game is going well right now. We certainly will have problems soon because of weight of the saves.
One of the interest (or inconvenient ;-) of this kind of game is that one will have to make diplo within civ (not by mail), or one will never know to wich Cleopatra or Tokugawa you're speaking at, and wich one is responding to you...

Regards

Niamor.

Also, it is inconvenient to use the same leader name in each game, because then the game will auto-save over the three other versions if the next player has the same name as well. Plus it gets confusing.

(I don't use the in-game email.)

Hum! I received the games with one double and one from the previous turn.
As I received 4 different games, I played and sent them, despite all that.

I have now a gmail.com adress, which I will send you. Please use this one now, it will be far more easy for me.

Regards.

A lot of accounting -

Sometimes my in-game email works, other times it does not. There is no pattern to this, just good luck or bad. When it does not work, there is a lot of email to send . . .

I hope I can keep it straight :o

May I suggest that some experiments succeed, while others do not?

Here we are already struggling with the files. It has become difficult to keep them straight and move them along. And at less than one turn per day, it will be several weeks before the games even begin to take on character - all the while we will be slogging through multiple saves, multiple sends and multiple errors.

The mirror idea remains interesting, but the mechanics are more than I can manage.

So, let me offer an alternative:

Instead of playing all four games all at once, perhaps we could play them one at a time. For example, we could play one of the games until we reach the year BC-1000. Then we could switch to the second game and play it until we reach BC-1000, and so forth until all four games have reached that year. Then we could go back to the first game and carry it up to, say, AD-1000.

You get the idea? We will be playing only one game at a time, so the accounting hassles will go away. But in the end, we will have played "The Mirror" to completion.

What say you??

Sir Elbridge said:
all the while we will be slogging through multiple saves, multiple sends and multiple errors.
For me, with a little organization (mail filters and a good directory structure) and especially the direct sending from inside civ, no more problems.

Sir Elbridge said:
Instead of playing all four games all at once, perhaps we could play them one at a time.
I'm afraid that in this case, the competition will finish after the final release of Civ VI (maybe VII ;))

I think now that all the leader names have been standardized, that it will not be as confusing. Another thing I am doing, only for this PBEM, is deleting the previous round's save files after I forward all four games to niamor.

With only one set of incoming games and one set of outgoing games at any time, I am having no problem manually emailing the correct files.

I thought it might be interesting to take an early tally of our progress. As the four games passed though here just now - 3500BC - here is the composite score:

Herandar 240
Niamor 222
Elbridge 216
Portuga 213

But right now I'm alone in the universe. I met no civilization, no barbarian, nor even a little wolf. And I think everyone is more or less in the same situation. So this score shows only the amount of richness around our first city...

niamor said:
But right now I'm alone in the universe. I met no civilization, no barbarian, nor even a little wolf. And I think everyone is more or less in the same situation. So this score shows only the amount of richness around our first city...

But are we not all playing the same four starting situations? If so, then the early composite score is more interesting.

Do you continued to persevere or have complexity won.

What's the scores on the doors Anthia

No,the game is going on very well. Would be daily but for my lazy ass. The archipelago game has kinda killed off any early contact. Any diplomacy is going to be a dit difficult, as you are gong to have to make sure that both parties are talking about the same game.

Top Bottom