Missing Workshop?

beorn

Prince
Very strange. As the Cree, I researched Apprenticeship, and immediately built an Industrial district in my two largest cities. But neither city offers me the option to now build the workshop.

The Choose Production panel shows Industrial Zone with the gold background and checkmark, indicating built to current capability. Reports screen shows each Industrial Zone with adjacency bonus but no Workshop, so no way I built the workshops and then had a massive brain fart and forgot I had done so.

Am I missing some possibility here? Is there some known issue? I cannot remember anything like this before.

A couple turns later, Workshop turned up as an option to build. In both cities. Absolutely no idea what this was all about.

A couple turns later, Workshop turned up as an option to build. In both cities. Absolutely no idea what this was all about.
Do not for a moment think that the possibility didn't cross my mind. :)

Last edited:
Did the world happen to change Eras during those couple of turns. I have noticed if I build an early Government Plaza, the buildings aren't available until the world goes into the Classical Era. I haven't noticed it on other districts but might explain it if you researched Apprenticeship before the start of the Medieval Era.

Did the world happen to change Eras during those couple of turns. I have noticed if I build an early Government Plaza, the buildings aren't available until the world goes into the Classical Era. I haven't noticed it on other districts but might explain it if you researched Apprenticeship before the start of the Medieval Era.
Hmmm, that was indeed the case. And I prefer that explanation to the only other one that has been offered. :)

Interesting. I wonder is it intended, if this is the case? Seems strange that you wouldn't get the full benefit of your research just because the world is lagging behind.

I don't know, I'm starting to think something is just bugged in this particular game. My government plaza is built, and for a while I had the three choices of buildings to construct, but now that I want to build one, they are no longer available on the choose production screen.

I believe the Government Plaza buildings require a Tier 1 government since they provide the legacy card for that government.

Top Bottom