1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MLF Frontend

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Utility Programs' started by Arrorn, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Arrorn

Arrorn Chieftain

I have over the past several months created a Front-end Application for the MLF Modular Loading Controls Files.
    This Utility is a initial release. I have not included the command line version.

Features:
    • Edit whether the directory loads
    • Add a directory to load
    • Block other users using this utility from editing whether a directory loads
    • Create an alias that other users using this Utility will see rather than the default directory name
    • Display an image with an entry
    • Edit MLFs in immediate subdirectories
    • Start BTS ROM from application

The Start BTS ROM option searches for the Civ4BeyondSword.exe in the 4 most most likely places:
    • In the 5th directory directly beneath the Frontend
    • C:\Program Files (x86)
    • C:\Program Files
    • C:\Valve
    • C:\Steam

To Use:
    • Press the buttons or use the menu at the top
    • Includes both simple and advanced views
    • Goes into second subdir
    • While editing the Load of a Directory you may press close window to stop without writing changes
    • Checks if a directory exists first, if it doesn't it doesn't ask you to change the load order.
    • Application and installer are fairly self explanatory...
    • Restricted.txt file included by installer

I welcome any and all comments, suggestions, and bug reports.
    This is the initial release
    I hope you enjoy this program and that it is helpful.

Also I wish to create a universal restricted.txt file... This is for Modders who wish to lock the load of a directory or if they wish to rename a directory with out the hassle that goes along with it.
    I currently only have some of Afforess's directories locked. The current version of the Restricted.txt is included by the installer

Spoiler :
    Please do not edit this file by hand...
    To create a restricted directory:
    start a line with a ! and ends with a $.
    To create an alias for a directory:
    start a line with a # type the directory name and end with a $.
    start a line with a @ type the name you wish to appear in the MLF Frontend and end with a $.

!Required$
    !Mountains_Mod$
    !Lead_From_Behind$
    !Advanced Diplomacy$
    !Event_Images$

#BeautificationProject$
    @Beautification Project$
    #Modular_Civics_Buildings$
    @Civic Buildings$

Copyright (C) 2010 Devon McAvoy
    Licensed under the GNU General Public License

I programmed this in Python 3.1, cx_Freeze, Dustutils, and TkInter and used Installjammer to create the installer.
    This Program is licensed under the GNU General Public License which is included by the installer.

Included by Installer:
    • Application and python modules that it is dependent on
    • Source code for application
    • Restricted.txt

*NOTE*-This installer does not install Python. It is a semi-self-contained .exe

P.S. I did not post this in utilities forum because its only useful for ROM Modmods that use the MLF Modular Loading Controls File... ;)

FIXED: Installer tries to run application after install even with no option. Then the application would crash.
    FIXED: Even after the Frontend found Civ4Bts executable it would continue searching until crash.

Spoiler :

Links:

MLF Frontend 2 from my main post
    Main post