[MOD ANNOUNCEMENT] Fall from Hyrule

Fall from Hyrule
That hammer sorta looks like an ocarina, right?

Introduction

Gather round ye tasty morsels! For it is the announcement of the Civilization version of everyone's favorite Nintendo fantasy/adventure game! Long have I toiled in the darkened back room of my apartment so that I might bring you the exclusive screens and details of this exciting project yesterday, but I was lazy, so you get it today instead. And without further ado!

Races

Hylian Race
Leaders: Princess Zelda, King of Hyrule
Pros: Financial bonus from lucrative market shooting galleries
Cons: All soldiers can only stand still or move in small square patterns

Goron Race
Leaders: Darunia, Darbus
Pros: Mines give units extra :strength: to all units.
Cons: Almost nil sight radius (I mean they can't even tell when Link cheats at sumo wrestling by putting on iron boots)

Zora Race
Leaders: King Zora, Queen Rutela
Pros: Gain extra :move: in the water, fish resources are :) -worthy
Cons: Are currently frozen

Korkiri Race
Leaders: Great Deku Tree
Pros: Childlike innocense and sense of wonder
Cons: Randomly turn into tree stump-like things outside of the forest

Deku Race
Leaders: Deku King
Pros: Can pop out of the ground to ambush foes
Cons: No arms means no assault rifle promotions :(

Shiekah Clan
Leaders: Impa, that one-eyed cackling statue
Pros: Can perform sneaky attacks and escapes
Cons: Genderly ambiguous attire can give you sexually confused feelings

Go(Mo)(Bul)?blin Race
Leaders:Ganon, King Bulblin
Pros: Experience at losing is still experience
Cons: Pigs, bulldogs, or regular orcs? get your concept art consistent, please!

Gerudo Tribe
Leaders: Ganondorf, Nabooru
Pros: mmm, nothing like hot amazonian warrior bandits with hearts of gold
Cons: Can only grow population by sending Great Breeders on missions into foreign cities.

Rito Race
Leaders: Rito Chieftan
Pros: A flying race that can cross all terrain types.
Cons: Units can only fight when not on mail carrier duty, and you heard about that whole "through rain, through sleet" business.

Twili Race
Leader: Midna
Pros: A race with good potential, but doesn't apply itself.
Cons: Try doing something besides standing still and moaning.

Features

Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun!
That's the statement of the greatment in Fall from Hyrule maps.

In keeping with one done-to-death feature from the Zelda series, each map you play on will have its own dark side/future clone/twilight realm sort of thing. Civs who utilize the mirror shards properly can essentially double their real estate, sneak past previously unpassable passages, and wreak havoc on another civ's present by altering its past.

Other Stuff

Hundreds of new techs!!!

There are also plenty of new wonders based on locales in the Zelda series. Dungeons, for example, will make your cities take an extra 1-3 hours to invade, especially if it's a Water Temple.

The lucky ones will even be able to win the match by aquiring the ~~Triforce~~ by building the Tower of Din, which requires the Temple of Farore, which requires the Edifice of Nayru, which requires the Tower of Din!

The above strategy will also help you out in the upcoming Rhye's of Eternal Darkness mod.

So..um...yeah. Look for updates!
The End and
Post April Fools!

And imageshack is being arse slow today, so have patience.

Wow. This looks sweet. Wait till morning and I'll actually think of something intelligent to say. Love the old games. The new ones are meh. But orcnia(sp?) of time was great. lol a mod hasn't made me this giddy in ages.

I want to play as the Zoros they were my favorite of all time.

Would love to have a closer look at your tech tree, but the link to the bigger picture isn't working.

Would love to have a closer look at your tech tree, but the link to the bigger picture isn't working.

If the picture were any bigger, you might see that it was actually the regular tech tree cloned a bunch of times.

Actually, it was April 3rd, but it still looks as if he meant it as an April Fools Joke. I guess I should have read it through instead of just looking at the pictures :p

The funny thing is: in order to fool us into believing that he's working on a mod, he really did mod the game, if only to a small extent (making a leader and a map).

Actually, it was April 3rd,

Maybe in your time zone ;)

Also I often misunderestimate how long it will take me to write threads.

The funny thing is: in order to fool us into believing that he's working on a mod, he really did mod the game, if only to a small extent (making a leader and a map).

Well, the Hyrule map is a real one I did last year, but it played like crap.

Top Bottom