[R&F] Mod creation failing, even when using templates

Daemonist

Chieftain
Hello! I am getting a plethora of errors after both using the Jasper Kitty template and failing that a fresh template meant to go along with the Youtuber Josh Atkins tutorial. As such the build is failing and I can neither use the mod ingame nor subsequently troubleshooting it.

First set of which is 4 occurances of the error
"Multiple colons are not allowed in an XML name according to the XML Namespace specification."
under the Mod.Art.xml and FallbackLeaders files... As I understand it these are normal and wont prevent the build from going through on their own, but are occurring where they never did before and could be relevant.

Things get interesting though in that it gives me extremely vague errors along the lines of
Error 7 () has class: () which is not allowed here! THIS IS VERY BAD!
Error 6 (UIErrorTexture)
Error 8 (UIErrorTexture) has errors itself. THIS IS VERY BAD!

I also seem to be getting errors pertaining to asset locations being unfindable.This may be because I am working with multiple drives, however, under Steam all 3 relevant programs (Civ VI, Dev Assets, and Dev Tools) are all installed on the E: drive together. However, I still get one warning and one error respectively:
Warning 5 Cannot find 'Sid Meier's Civilization VI Development Assets'.
and the long one...
Error 9 The command ""E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker\Civ6AssetCooker_Win64_null_FinalRelease.exe" --absolute_paths --no_mt --mode XLP --platform Windows --shaders "E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker" --pantry "C:\Users\alex\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\EmptyMod1\EmptyMod1" --stewpot "C:\Users\alex\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\EmptyMod1\Platforms\Windows\BLPs" --config "E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker\Civ6.cfg" "C:\Users\alex\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\EmptyMod1\EmptyMod1\XLPs\Icons.xlp"" exited with code 2.
Now, I am no code monkey but I noticed it appears to be referencing files in my documents folder on the C drive. I don't know if the installation of the assets assumes it will be installed on C:, or thereafter if I need to reinstall these under C: or if I can reroute it to E: properly? Worth mentioning the game itself runs fine as well as with Steam workshop mods.

I made a few barebones homebrew civilizations some time ago without these errors using the Jasper Kitty template, but have since had to wipe the drive they were on. So I doubt I am making any mistakes now I wasn't then, but unfortunately don't have the original material to compare with.

Thank you all for your time!

I booted up a new empty mod and copied over the contents of each folder from a Kalangitan mod and sure enough it built just fine .-.
I don't understand then, how do I fix my mod?

Top Bottom