1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. ma.KaBre

ma.KaBre Chieftain

I think some time back someone mentioned that taking over ashen veil cities and not razing them results in raising the AC. The game seems to calculate the city's switch of ownership as newly spread AV.

2. Moby2kBug

Moby2kBug Chieftain

Some friends and me wanted to start a new FFH2 game via Pitboss.
    So I did prepare everything to start, but on the new game screen I got the problem, that only 2 bad civics are visible on the pitboss generated drop down list.
    It seems like pitboss uses a max number of 16 civics to select from.

Have anyone of you encountered that problem and solved it?

Or is this the reason, why there are no FFH2 Pitboss games played?

3. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

That fix was the one responsible for breaking save games, so I'm afraid you'll have to either call the game a win/loss, or battle on through the combat bugs til you finish it.

4. Pocus

Pocus Warlord

damn, I was in the process of doing a 6 pages AAR for french mag cyberstratege with this game (took something like 150 screenies too)... And what about downgrading to .23a, would it works? I don't think I will have time to restart a full game before the next issue of the mag. I would need a link to the patch though.

5. Kael

Kael Deity

No, the issue still exists in 0.23a (and base 0.23).

6. JDexter

JDexter Prince

I've been told that mods don't work via Pitboss (not those that use .dll files).

7. Tim_Olaguna

Tim_Olaguna Chieftain

Update Sunday, July 29, 12:40 pm Pacific Time: I was able to download the mod itself via torrent. The media file is still coming (very slowly due to lack of seeds). I checked your host again. It shows the media file there as downloadable and it makes of show of sending you the file. But all you end up with is an un-executable file only 2k in size.

Methinks you need to send the host a more explicit e-mail.

Update to Update: Another link on the site is now sending me the full larger file. This poor host needs a helper. They must be feeling a bit overwhelmed. That must be why they're experiencing organization challenges.

8. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Yeah it's a real pain atm. I just tried to download and had to try several times. But the guys from gameflood are cool and eager to help usually. Let's hope they get it fixed soon.

9. Webrider

Webrider Prince

How do the mana nodes work, how many of each do you need?

Where is the definition of the leader traits in the civlopedia?

Exactly how does the dragon I conjured start the dragon religion and does a great sage build any building for it, and should I switch to that religion?

10. Salamandre

Salamandre King

You guys killed this game. For ever. At least, after playing Fall of Heaven I realised I will never play vanilla again. Firaxis should fear you, not congratulate.:goodjob:

For the mana node, civlopedia explains very well what does each one. You need about 30 mind nodes to have ALL research boosted by 100%. You can boost this way greatpeople rate, you can lower your maintenance cost (law node) and many others.

For the leaders the easiest way is to open civlopedia and then click on leaders. Or look here http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Traits

For the dragon religion here http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Cult_of_the_Dragon_%28Religion%29

But what bothers me is that MIND NODES apply to gold and culture also giving same % as to research. At least, when looking in city screen it shows it. Bug?

11. Tiranasta

Tiranasta Chieftain

Since you're converting to Beyond the Sword, I think that Cardith Lorda should have the Charismatic trait and Sabathiel should have the Imperialistic trait (maybe Auric Ulvin too, but I don't know enough of Mulcarn's ways to say for sure). In addition, I feel that Charadon should have an additional trait, as Barbarian is sort of a 'neutral' (neither good nor bad) trait. Perhaps Aggressive, Expansive and Barbarian? He has Aggressive and Expansive in Age of Ice.

12. DrLaban

DrLaban Chieftain

I'm not sure about charismatic trait in FFH, troops get so much experience that I think charismatic would be much more powerful in FFH than in the standard game. I think it needs to be changed a bit at least.

13. smurven

smurven Chieftain

Since FFH2 is going to BtS, I was wondering about the expansion. Does BtS require the first expansion, or do they work independantly?

EDIT: Oh, and one other question, I heard the campaign you guys made for BtS has a much better AI due to help from firaxis. I was wondering if you will use the experience you gained from making that campaign to make the AI better in future updates to FFH2.

14. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

BtS does not requiere Warlords :)

the AI is the work of Blake, it is standard in BtS and we will definitely make use of it from FfHII:Shadow onwards. (one of the main reasons o convert to BtS).

15. cotton feel

cotton feel Chieftain

About cultural values of civics

Only pacifism costs the support cost to a military unit. Pacifism cannot be adopted at the same time with the order society.
    So not a free military unit but a free unit of the bonus of the order society is better.;)

16. Chromosome23

Chromosome23 Chieftain

ELEPHANTS AS AN OFFENSIVE WEAPON?

It appears that an elephant (as long as it has a hidden nationality) can attack other units as long as you are NOT at war with them. Is that on purpose or is it a bug? I used this "feature" early game and attacked a neighboring civs cities while at peace, with troops sitting outside their cultural borders, then I declared war and just walked into the empty enemy cities.

17. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Bug with hidden nationality, will be fixed once FfH converts to BtS.

I have design question: Grid Lines.
    What are they? Wouldn't it make more sense, flavor wise, but also gameplay wise, for them to give bonus to golems if gridlines are present in city they are in, instead to newly built golems. That way older golems would get benefit too, but only in developed cities.

18. ggdabuh

ggdabuh Chieftain

I was wondering on vassal states. Will people having BtS without Warlords have this feature? And if they don't, how will it work?:confused:

19. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Vassal states are brought over with BtS so you don't need Warlords for vassal states.

20. Destiny Trigger

Destiny Trigger Chieftain

I'm back!!! Did ya miss me...?

Guess not.

Well, I finally got my new computer and I was about to load FFH2 onto it, and then it hit me...

This'll work on a mac, right? Cuz I'm not waiting half an hour for the damn thing to download if I can't play it.