[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hi, I'm playing Lanun on a small island map. I'm Octo Overlords with Slavery civic. I'm killing elves left and right. I keep seeing the captured a slave notification popup, but I have only one slave. Where are the other one's going, as they are not coming to me. I thought maybe this was some island issue, or otherwise there is some confusion with the capture a slave notification after combat.

I believe I had accidently clicked one of those filter buttons that cause only certain types of units to show. Those tiny little buttons above the main actions buttons are new to me. I generally don't touch them, but I think in this case I accidentally 'hid' the slaves in the stack I was looking at.

Countering Shadows

How does detecting shadows work. is it 100%, does it only work in the tile your own shadow occupies or does it reach out as far as my shadow can "see"?

I believe I had accidently clicked one of those filter buttons that cause only certain types of units to show. Those tiny little buttons above the main actions buttons are new to me. I generally don't touch them, but I think in this case I accidentally 'hid' the slaves in the stack I was looking at.

You get 1 slave for every 4 kills I believe.

Countering Shadows

How does detecting shadows work. is it 100%, does it only work in the tile your own shadow occupies or does it reach out as far as my shadow can "see"?

I don't know about that but I believe Shadows are best detected by Marksmen, Sand Lions and Hawks/Parrots/Ravens, maybe some others. Once you can see them you can kill them.

Hey all, I loved the original fall from heaven mod much. My copy of Civ4 was lost a while ago so I bought the gold edition. Sadly the directories for the gold edition seem to be different from the regular civ4.

For example:

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilzation 4 Gold\Civilization4.exe

where as when I install the quick launch icon attempts to run:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2 023

I'm assuming just changing the target for the quick launch won't help. I did that, the game went to launch, and said it was an invalid mod or some such.
Suggestions?

Hey all, I loved the original fall from heaven mod much. My copy of Civ4 was lost a while ago so I bought the gold edition. Sadly the directories for the gold edition seem to be different from the regular civ4.

For example:

C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilzation 4 Gold\Civilization4.exe

where as when I install the quick launch icon attempts to run:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2 023

I'm assuming just changing the target for the quick launch won't help. I did that, the game went to launch, and said it was an invalid mod or some such.
Suggestions?

When you installed FfH it defaulted to the directory "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\mods\" to install in. You will want to change that to install to "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\mods\". Then change the icon as you suggested.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I've only run into this problem concurrently. I have the horrible ashen veil terrain spreading into my cities, however I've used purge the unfaithful and my religion is fellowship of the leaves. Hybrom and his disciple are a continent away! yet nearly half the world is engulf in this terrain already! Previously it wouldn't spread into specific cities. I am playing as Clan of Embers, but have no ashen veil in my cities... what can I do to reverse it's effects?

adoppt order fo a turn.
-> You will have good alignment and hell cant spread into your lands.
+AV cant spread into cities with order.

Or you could set a couple of units with the sanctify spell on anti hell duty.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I've only run into this problem concurrently. I have the horrible ashen veil terrain spreading into my cities, however I've used purge the unfaithful and my religion is fellowship of the leaves. Hybrom and his disciple are a continent away! yet nearly half the world is engulf in this terrain already! Previously it wouldn't spread into specific cities. I am playing as Clan of Embers, but have no ashen veil in my cities... what can I do to reverse it's effects?

Hell terrain will spread into evil players lands at 25 Armagddeon Count (AC), into unowned tiles at 50 AC and into neutral lands at 75.

It will retreat out of your lands if you reduce the AC. You best bet for doing that is to wipe out evil leaders, Hyborem himself preferably, and to destroy ashen veil cities and the holy city.

When you installed FfH it defaulted to the directory "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\mods\" to install in. You will want to change that to install to "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\mods\". Then change the icon as you suggested.

Thanks a lot! and for quick response. I have it working now. Playing the Kuriotates. Wanted to suggest putting in the game concepts city hubs/settlements.

Which brings me to my quandry. Is there something a settlement can do about not becoming a hub? My only option left in the build cue is to build a hub, ie become a hub city. But I don't want this settlement to become one, since i'm on large and can only have 6. Am i missing something?

PS-Obligitory compliment. I've never ever seen a better mod(really a game in its own right) ever. (high fives)

The usual solution is to set it to build research, wealth, or culture. If you've not researched the requisite technologies, there is a workaround to get your cities to produce nothing, but it's slipped my mind at the moment. Also, another solution to your hell-terrain spread is to build a few adepts with Life 1. Casting sanctify within one tile of hell terrain'll usually get rid of it.

Go into the city screen and delete whatever its building.
Then you will build nothing.
However this doesn`t work in BTS
So for the next versions of ffh2 we will have to find something else until wealth/research/culture is researched.

You guys are awesome, fast responses... ok my turn to help out. To get your city to produce nothing (since I have an edit tech tree and make it harder to research) the way to get it to produce nothing is to select something, then just click on the city and click on the item it's producing. It will go away then just exit... no pop.. nothing will ask you to have the city to produce anything... once you've researched the tech to produce wealth or research then just click on that or whatever item or unit you decide to research! Thanks all, and hope that is helpful!

Bug report here. When I select a unit and moved it, as per usually the stats screen appears at the bottom left. But when it goes to the next unit the stats screen is displayed larger and does not go away. To remove it I need to select on the last unit i moved, the one described in the text. Even if its in a stack. Once select and then going to another unit it dissapears. This doesn't happen too often, but its something i figured u'd guys like to know

PS-Say it again and again. Love this build. Why aren't you guys making your own game? :)

Bug report here. When I select a unit and moved it, as per usually the stats screen appears at the bottom left. But when it goes to the next unit the stats screen is displayed larger and does not go away. To remove it I need to select on the last unit i moved, the one described in the text. Even if its in a stack. Once select and then going to another unit it dissapears. This doesn't happen too often, but its something i figured u'd guys like to know

PS-Say it again and again. Love this build. Why aren't you guys making your own game? :)

Yeah, thats a PLE problem. PLE won't be added to the next version because I wasn't able to get this issue worked out (and the origional developer of PLE doesnt post anymore).

PLE won't be added to the next version because I wasn't able to get this issue worked out

Isn't it possible to add something in the code like that:
if (show combatodds==1)
then
{hide unit stats;
hide whatever else;}

I was thinking how hard it is to get that wonder involving captireing animals when their are some that are so rare and that I can't just build more when I capture and make a cage or pen and just be able to make more animal units if I wanted to especally the tigers and gorilas. I know that sounds strange to alot of people and it sounds like a bad Idea I am just thinking and who knows maybe I am just kidding myself.

I would love to be able to build that wonder but I don't see how possible in a game where sometimes you find a tiger then in the next game you find a gorilla but not a tiger so it is all based on luck.

I miss seeing panthers in the game they were cool

brb

Hyborem BIG problem.
Ai dont know how to rise Hyborem cities population, nor not to build farms, whitch are worthless for him.
Hyborem should have his own line of improvements, and they should be better than "human" ones.
Another thing that bothers me about Hyborem and demons is that they are weak vs angels. Angels have bonus vs unholy units and this makes Hyborem weaker, not to mention Angels start with 5 strength, while manes have only 1 and require quite a gold to upgrade them.
My bet is to make manes upgrade to warrior,scout, imp at no charge and since manes can increase population, why not allow them to upgrade to settler or atleast worker ?

Hyborem BIG problem.
Ai dont know how to rise Hyborem cities population, nor not to build farms, whitch are worthless for him.
Hyborem should have his own line of improvements, and they should be better than "human" ones.
Another thing that bothers me about Hyborem and demons is that they are weak vs angels. Angels have bonus vs unholy units and this makes Hyborem weaker, not to mention Angels start with 5 strength, while manes have only 1 and require quite a gold to upgrade them.
My bet is to make manes upgrade to warrior,scout, imp at no charge and since manes can increase population, why not allow them to upgrade to settler or atleast worker ?

Angels may start at str 5 but can't be upgraded to a higher lvl unit (except valkyries) so when further into the game the angels become the weaker unit (trust me I had no trouble defeating a bunch of angels with my all demon army playing as Hyborem. And don't use ur manes as units, because it sdoes become very expensive... city pop only, it is not like you have any other way of raising your pop. about the improvements, hyborem can't build farms so the AI should just know to build something else on top of farms, but having a pop 20 city with all workshops and towns is powerfull enough as it is so no need to give him special more powerfull improvements.

Just my two cents (having finished a game with hyborem with remarkeble results).

about the improvements, hyborem can't build farms so the AI should just know to build something else on top of farms

oh yes the infernal civ can build farms only if the city is near a water source such as a river I have built a farm as Hyborem and the infernals.

brb

Top Bottom