[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

MrUnderhill said:
You could also have a simple python script that runs every turn for scrawling civs (the Kuriotates aren't going to be the only ones, are they?). The script would automatically plant the needed buildings in any scrawling city that didn't already have them.

MrUnderhill,

How are the Hobbits ?;)

You're right i suppose. But i'm like a gobelin lost in an elen kingdom when you speak about programming.

The Frog.

Per the elf farms: can narrow this down a bit, it's only happening with farms built in woods/planins tiles. Farms in ancient forests, regular forests, etc. do get a woods/water graphic. Hope you don't decide to remove the elven ability to build in forests - it's part of their uniqueness and an offsetting strength for the units they lack.

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

Thx for the answer. I think the problem is what you explain. I will look at that. If you're right, the map/scenarii would be ready to a great test.:)

I told wooldelf a possible bug. I conquer a city by culture by massive use of prophets. This city became a settlement but with a training yard. Logical or bug ?

The :D Frog.

We don't erase buildings when they become settlements, you get to keep any buildings that are already there, including wonders, etc. Some of those buildings will be useless but there is no harm in letting them remain (and if the city is recaptured we don't want to be any more destroyed than if any other civ had captured them).

One problem though with culture capture from the Kuriotates: you don't get the units.

I was culturaly capturing Evermoore, hoping for a juicy elven worker -> all units are deleted and replaced by one lousy warrior.

I thought captured units would stay as they are?

I was just reading through the religions and cults and was wondering
does Cult of the Dragon offer any bonuses whatsoever? you lose culture and have a chance at losing units... thats really all Im getting out of it

And also, how many scenerios have been released for FFH 2? Ive been playing the original FFH for some time now and really enjoy that and cannot wait for more action in the sequel

I put a Small map in my threads for scenario's, with the intentions of "Killing Kael" and associates, but only on the scenario OK guys, LOL. Small continents with a larger barbarian one completed filled, object as above "Destroy" Kael Coalbane, LOL

Bastian-Bux said:
One problem though with culture capture from the Kuriotates: you don't get the units.

I was culturaly capturing Evermoore, hoping for a juicy elven worker -> all units are deleted and replaced by one lousy warrior.

I thought captured units would stay as they are?

Its whatever is in vanilla, we havent messed with that.

soibean said:
I was just reading through the religions and cults and was wondering
does Cult of the Dragon offer any bonuses whatsoever? you lose culture and have a chance at losing units... thats really all Im getting out of it

its not a religion like the others, it cant be a state religion, etc. It can be used to interestign effect by the kuriotates and sheaim, but to everyone else it is a curse.

And also, how many scenerios have been released for FFH 2? Ive been playing the original FFH for some time now and really enjoy that and cannot wait for more action in the sequel

There are a couple I believe. Check out the scenerio forums. I don't expect many of these yet because we keep invalidating them with new releases. But some scenerio makers are good enough to make them even though they will need to be updated in a few weeks.

Kael said:
its not a religion like the others, it cant be a state religion, etc. It can be used to interestign effect by the kuriotates and sheaim, but to everyone else it is a curse.

There are a couple I believe. Check out the scenerio forums. I don't expect many of these yet because we keep invalidating them with new releases. But some scenerio makers are good enough to make them even though they will need to be updated in a few weeks.

Soibean,

My scenario is under testing at that time. Strategyonly, Woodelf and perharps Kael are looking at it.
If no problems occurs, i will release it very very soon.

The Frog

Chalid said:
We have thought about it and have not yet come to a conclusion. Its of course a matter of feedback. But one could say that playing Kuriotate on a Tiny map is like cheating. Playing them on a big map. Hmm dont forget that they do not get maintance problems with even the biggest empires (settlements cost no maintains, only the #ofCities modifier in your three central cities goes up) so you can conquer all of it early on and cover it with your spreading culture as soon as you got a obelisk.

However, I've got to say that my economy goes down when building new cities with the Kuriotates after all. I figured their settlements wouldn't cost me anything, which was OK as they didn't really gain me anything either (save for expanded territory [by means of pumping Prophets into them for the most part, since 80% of my settlements don't even get 1 shield worth of production *snickers*] and precious, precious resources). But it turns out that my economy steadily declines as I build more settlements.. *rubs his jaw* I might've misunderstood something, I guess. Oh well. Either way I stand by what I said, it's a very interesting idea you've got going with them. :)

Cheers!

And another mildly curious thing that struck me.. First of all, the 'Vampire' unit doesn't show up as a Unique Unit on the Calabim's roster of such. Which is a bit odd. I mean, certainly, anyone can figure out who gets the Vampire, or that the Calabim get Vampires, but why not show it in their unique unit roster when it is one?

And secondly, the Pyre Zombie? I've only ever noticed the Sheaim able to build them, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it is in fact a unit unique to them, so again, why is it not showing up as one of their UU's ? And on that subject, what exactly is the deal with it ? It is identical to an Axeman in nearly every aspect, and the differences just make it weaker with nothing to make up for it. And since it doesn't replace the Axeman, if memory serves, it begs an explanation as to why anyone would build them? Maybe if they had a lower cost, or they didn't require a resource/building, or ~something~. As it is now there are precious few reasons to build them unless you just happen to morbidly enjoy moving around little burning men. Which of course.. *insane giggle*

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
And another mildly curious thing that struck me.. First of all, the 'Vampire' unit doesn't show up as a Unique Unit on the Calabim's roster of such. Which is a bit odd. I mean, certainly, anyone can figure out who gets the Vampire, or that the Calabim get Vampires, but why not show it in their unique unit roster when it is one?

And secondly, the Pyre Zombie? I've only ever noticed the Sheaim able to build them, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it is in fact a unit unique to them, so again, why is it not showing up as one of their UU's ? And on that subject, what exactly is the deal with it ? It is identical to an Axeman in nearly every aspect, and the differences just make it weaker with nothing to make up for it. And since it doesn't replace the Axeman, if memory serves, it begs an explanation as to why anyone would build them? Maybe if they had a lower cost, or they didn't require a resource/building, or ~something~. As it is now there are precious few reasons to build them unless you just happen to morbidly enjoy moving around little burning men. Which of course.. *insane giggle*

Cheers!

Both the Vampires and the Pyre Zombies aren't UU's in the technical definition. A UU according to Civ4 is a civilization specific unit that replaces a normal unit. The Vampires, Grigori Medic, Gypsy Wagon and Pyre Zombie don't replace a normal unit, so they aren't UU's. Its more true to say that they are bonus units, or from civs point of view: units for everyone that only 1 civ can build. Strange but true.

As for the Pyre Zombies, they explode when they are killed, damaging everyone within 1 tile.

Kael said:
Both the Vampires and the Pyre Zombies aren't UU's in the technical definition. A UU according to Civ4 is a civilization specific unit that replaces a normal unit. The Vampires, Grigori Medic, Gypsy Wagon and Pyre Zombie don't replace a normal unit, so they aren't UU's. Its more true to say that they are bonus units, or from civs point of view: units for everyone that only 1 civ can build. Strange but true.

As for the Pyre Zombies, they explode when they are killed, damaging everyone within 1 tile.

Ahh, yeah. Now that you mention it, if I'd have thought a little further about what units don't appear then maybe I would have connected the dots, heh. I don't suppose there's any way to make them appear in the unique unit roster? It gets a little confusing, most of all for newer players I would imagine, when you can't see all the units on brief review of a Civ.

But yeah, I see how that goes now. Thanks for clarifying. *s*

Cheers.

Well I didn't know that Pyre Zombies explode... You should mention that in civilopedia.

I played 0,13 today. My impression-WOW! I played Kuriotates just to see what is it all about. Nice balance, but setlements should still be able to get few other, weak buildings. Maybe limit them to 1square radius but slightly reduce penalty to production? As someone said, it is not true that they don't cost anything- civic upkeep, obelisks and military protection all cost. But- flavor and efficiency are all good for them. I know that they will be favorite civ of my friend, as soon as I show him new version.
I was able to manage happines because I had many animal cages in my 3 cities (I mostly had lions, they always end up being most frequent animal)
I also got few spiders- awesome, but I would give them defensive promotion, or reduced city attack.
I didn't put my first 3 cities on time so I'm falling back in score, but NWM one day I'll field dragon and show them what is power...
And one addition I liked most- Promotion stacker!!! They should implement this in vanilla civ IMO.

Patch "b" is up, link is in the first post. It will not invalidate save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Clockwork Golem is now correctly checked in as a UU for the Luchuirp.
2. Error fixed in the Tremor spell (reported by lost_civantares).
3. Valor and Unyielding Order are now checked in correctly (reported by Frozen-Vomit).
4. Settlements have a much lower chance to found religions.

Well tonight is the night. I plan on beating my record 12 1/2 hours. I've poked around with the new release, but have not sat down for a hardcore game yet. I like the way you created the "Good," "Neutral" and "Evil" side notes beside the other players. That was a really nice addition. The new Unit Graphics are great too. The tech tree is fabulous. Great work.

King Flevance said:
Woohoo I am back and can update. :)

I have a question though. If I download "FallfromHeaven2013b.exe" I still need to download the "FfH2013b.exe" patch also, right?

No, you should be set. The patch is only necessary for people who downloaded a previous version. If you got 2013b as your main download then you don't need the patch. But if they later release 2013c for example, -then- you'll want to download that patch. ;)

Cheers!

Top Bottom