Mod Ideas:Civilization 5: Colonies Lost To Time

So... invisible only to non-adjacent units (like the submarine) or - IMO cooler yet - invisible altogether? (Which I'm pretty sure is theoretically possible)

That actually sounds... pretty astounding. I would definitely be up to making this unit purely invisible because Gillie Suits are just something special...

The British South Africa design sounds good, it'd be nice to see a reference to mining or the mineral wealth of the region, but otherwise it looks fine. How come you didn't use Rhodes as the leader?

Out of interest how is the Belgian Congo going as well? The maps and art in the OP are looking really sweet, so I'm pretty hyped for more Colonial civs.

The British South Africa design sounds good, it'd be nice to see a reference to mining or the mineral wealth of the region, but otherwise it looks fine. How come you didn't use Rhodes as the leader?

Out of interest how is the Belgian Congo going as well? The maps and art in the OP are looking really sweet, so I'm pretty hyped for more Colonial civs.

Well know that you do mention it:
British South Africa

Cecil Rhodes (tentative)

The Rhodes Colossus
Border Growth is increased by +25% from Conquered Cities connected to the :c5capital: Capital and may grant a Mining Resource* if it is by Railroad. Upon demanding Tribute from a City-State immediately receive a Luxury and Unit of their possession.

Maxim Gun
Replaces Gatling Gun. Although cheaper to produce it is slightly weaker but may force Enemy Units to retreat upon entering combat. Obsoletes much later.

Lovat Scout
Replaces Great War Infantry. Appears Invisible in Forest or Hills.
Spoiler :
*: Gold, Silver, Copper, or Diamonds.

Progress of the Congo has been okay at the very least. They're missing Unit Icons, Pedias, UU code, and UB code but the UA has been working with most of test runs I ran with it.

I do like the revision to the UA, but I feel like the 'Mineral resource' should be extended to any Mine resource, or at the very least to include Diamonds (Coal and Iron were also important but they're strategic so I've no idea if you'd want to include them) to help distinguish it a wee bit from part of Sukritact's Gallic UA.

I also feel that the chance aspect of it could be removed, seeing as the Railroads come pretty late, but I've no idea if it'd make the civ too powerful or not. Never mind, I failed to consider the second part of the UA - you'll be swimming in luxuries by the late game.

In other news, that's nice to hear about the Congo mod - I presume their new UB does not require Coal - due to being unlocked prior to it?

Since I just realized that you're making a France civ, I thought I would post my Third French Republic design here and offer help and/or a collab since I kind of want to make them too:

UA: La Belle Epoque: Great Works yield Golden Age points equal to their Tourism yield. During Golden Ages, the Capital gains double tourism from theming bonuses and all other cities gain 25% of the Capital's Tourism output.

UU: Foreign Legion: Replaces Rifleman. 20% combat bonus outside friendly territory and give Golden Age points for every turn ended outside friendly territory. Golden Age points given scale with distance from Capital.

UB: Cabaret: Replaces Stadium. Comes earlier at Industrialization. +2 Culture and 2 Great Work of Music slots which give a same era theming bonus. When both slots are filled, Golden Ages are extended by 10% (max of 50%).

Since I just realized that you're making a France civ, I thought I would post my Third French Republic design here and offer help and/or a collab since I kind of want to make them too:

Man I should really check my feeds. Anyways yeah I'd be somewhat interested in a collaboration but I do need to release some mods already in the works.

By the way is there anybody here who can do Unit Icons by any chance?

I might try do something one day. Emphasis on "might", "try" and "one day".

Well if you want try to do an Icon I need one for the UU, the Spahi:

Spoiler :

As well as the UB, the Cadi:

Spoiler :

I've decided to show off some of the great art made by Firebug:

Thanks! I'm also quite fond of the leader icon as well

All I need now is just some code, pedias, and models for the UUs and I should be done. Is there any chance someone can provide any one of these three resources?

The second half requires UI
Um

I assume we're talking about this effect?
Replaces the Rifleman. Much less costlier to produce and has the "Red Guard" promotion allowing it to generate Golden Age Points when garrisoned if the City is celebrating a WLtKD.
Or did I miss some other UU effect that deals with GA points?

The infantry UU is easy to do. How many Golden Age points though? Should it scale with the unit's level or XP? The Spahi's first half can be done with XML. The second half requires UI which I have no idea how to do.

I would prefer by level if possible.

AgressiveWimp said:
Um

I assume we're talking about this effect?

Like Caesar was talking about the Spahi would need to have Citizen to be expended. That requires UI which from what I've heard is a nightmare to code.

Also I have been able to find some fitting models we can convert here and here but reskins are also acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

Top Bottom